A refreshing cucumber mojito recipe cocktail with a nice kick from green chili pepper!
It’s that time of year again, time for me to pack up my island whites and chancletas and hop on a plane to Cabo with the BatMan.
But first: an ice cold cucumber mojito! Because vacation starts while you pack you know…?
Cabo is our home away from home, only 2 hour flight from L.A. and so much fun. I start my days with a big cold green juice drink made with cactus, cucumber and lime. It is so good and I’m really looking forward to it, and what actually inspired today’s cucumber mojito recipe.
Unlike most mojito recipes, I make this one in a food processor or blender. I puree the cucumber together with mint leaves, chili pepper slices and lime juice, and then strain it to separate all the solids. Perfect method to make mojitos for a crowd too!
Just sweeten to taste with organic agave or honey, mix it up with a good rum, vodka or tequila, then top it off with some chilled sparkling water. I add a few slices of chili pepper for garnish and a nice kick because I feel it really belongs here.
We love drinks with attitude, if you don’t then just leave out the chili pepper. Easy!
Easy breezy, better than a fancy bar and there you have it: a perfect cucumber mojito that will put you in vacation mood in an instant!
If you are looking for the mocktail version of this tasty drink, you will love this cucumber lemonade from last summer!
To make this a mojito smoothie, simply add all the ingredients to a powerful blender with crushed ice and process until smooth.
A refreshing cucumber mojito recipe cocktail with a nice kick from green chili pepper! Easy to make for a crowd and your choice of alcohol: rum, tequila, vodka or gin.
- 1/2 English cucumber
- 1 green chile sliced
- 5 limes juiced
- 1 lime sliced for garnish
- 3 leaves mint sprigs only
- 2 shots white rum, vodka or tequila + more to your taste
- 2 tbsp agave or honey + more to taste
- Sparkling water
- Ice cubes
- Slice a few slices of the cucumber and reserve for garnish.
- Cut the cucumber into cubes and add them to the bowl of a food processor together with the lime juice, a few slices of the chile pepper and mint leaves. Reserve a few mint leaves for garnish. Process until smooth.
- Using a mesh strainer strain the cucumber mint mixture into a clean glass. Stir with a spoon while its straining so you can help it along.
- Once strained stir in the agave and top with the sparkling water. Adjust sweetness to your taste with more agave.
Stir in the rum, vodka or tequila and poor the Mojitos over ice. Garnish with the reserved cucumber slices, like slices, mint and green chile slices.
- Enjoy promptly !