Gorgeous dragon fruit juice muddled together with mint, vanilla and lime in a fruity sparkling dragon fruit mojito cocktail!
I needed something good and exquisite so i can deal better with my technology troubles that have followed me this past week.
Was Mercury in retrograde ? Who knows, who cares, i really don’t wanna talk about it anymore, but instead muddle together some gorgeous dragon fruit juice with mint, vanilla and rum, top it with some sparkling water and give myself a mandatory time out from all things electronics.
But first I needed to document the dragon fruit mojito recipe- priorities you know!
I wish i could go on about the charm of juicing or pureeing some dragon fruit myself, but this week I barely had time to take a shower, so no kids, I did not go out picking dragon fruit for this mojito. Instead I stocked up on dragon fruit juice smoothie packs, and that is what i’ve been using. Organic, individually packaged and so convenient to mix up a mojito or lemonade or a smoothie.
I fell in love with dragon fruit not too long ago when i made us the pitaya avocado smoothie with bee pollen. I’ve been hooked ever since, plus it is so pretty, i love pretty don’t you ?!
Best thing about this dragon fruit mojito is that you can prepare the base in advance and have it ready for a crowd.
Literally you mix and muddle all the ingredients in a big jug except the sparkling water. Then when your guests arrive you just pour over ice and garnish with mint and lime. Absolute killer I tell ya ! ~ Florentina Xo’s
Dragon Fruit Juice Mojito Recipe
- 3 oz dragon fruit purée
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lime sliced
- 4 mint sprigs
- 3 tbsp agave + more to taste
- 2 shots white rum
- 1 1/2 c Sparkling water + more to taste
- 2 c ice cubes
- In a large mixing cup muddle together the dragon fruit puree with the lime juice and the mint leaves from 3 sprigs of mint. Mix in the vanilla extract, agave and rum and top with the sparkling water.
- Taste the mojito and adjust sweetness to taste with more agave or more lime juice.
- Pour the mojitos in two glasses over ice and serve promptly garnished with the remaining mint leaves and some lime slices.
You’ll Also Love: