~ Chia Seed Breakfast Pudding Recipe ~ (Rainbow Pudding)
This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy.
The most fun chia seed breakfast pudding that looks like a rainbow but made with all organic ingredients that are good for you !
Who knew breakfast could be as much fun as this pretty and guilt free chia seed breakfast pudding ? All my favorite chia seed breakfast recipes in one glass, like a unicorn rainbow pudding !
Believe it or not, I actually had 2 more flavors ready, a strawberry one and this vanilla one. Problem was that I had no room left to layer them up. And you know I wasn’t even going to attempt to transfer this rainbow into another glass to make more layers. But you can ! Just use some tall highball glasses like these instead and keep layering up that rainbow ! It would look gorgeous with even more layers !
I almost made my espresso chia pudding too, but I just didn’t feel it was really going with the fruity ones. I’d like to mix that one with just vanilla next time.
So let me break down this Rainbow Chia Seed Breakfast Pudding for us:
Layer #1 Dark Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
Layer #2 Wheat Grass Chia Seed Pudding
Layer #3 Dragon Fruit Chia Seed Pudding
Laye #4 Avocado Chia Seed Pudding
Layer #5 Mango Chia Seed Pudding
I finished the rainbow with a spoon of the dragon fruit and avocado pudding, then garnished with edible flowers and a sparkling of bee pollen.
So If you want to get your kids on a healthy breakfast kick this is a vegan chia seed pudding they can not say no to. You can get super creative and add their favorite toppings too: blueberries, chocolate chunks, granola, coconut, whatever your kids love, pile them on top.
I’ve been in love with chia seeds for years, just the thought of waking up and reaching into my fridge for a chia seed breakfast pudding is so exciting to me. We are talking pudding for breakfast kids ! And it is so good for us ! I’m never letting go !
I made the wheat grass and lime version for the first time yesterday and I was over the moon. I clearly could not mix and match all the flavors for different photographs, but i can tell you right now that wheat grass chia and dragon fruit chia pudding are happening in the same jar moving forward.
Also the avocado lemon and the dragon fruit are just the most gorgeous couple you ever saw. Because you know how I feel about green and pink, this is red carpet magic ! If that makes sense to anyone else not in Hollywood, I hope it does. The creaminess of the avocado is unreal, so decadent yet so good for us.
If you can make a little room for this vanilla chia seed pudding, I would layer it right on top of the chocolate layer and build up from there.
I thought of just layering this chia seed breakfast pudding in a trifle dish, but then I decided individual servings work best as every person gets to experience and enjoy perfect layers of rainbow pudding, so everyone gets a Unicorn rainbow pudding of their own ! Falalalalalala ! ~ Florentina Xo’s
Chia Seed Breakfast Pudding Recipe ( Rainbow Pudding )Print Recipe
- 6 c almond milk
- 6 tbsp agave or to taste
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 3.5 oz dragon fruit purée pitaya
- 1 mango peeled and sliced
- 1 large avocado
- 0.28 oz wheat grass powder
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 1/2 lemons juiced
- 15 tbsp chia seeds
- 1.5 oz dark chocolate bar
- 1 tbsp bee pollen
- Edible flowers for garnish
- For the chocolate chia: heat up 1 cup of almond milk and stir in the 1.5 oz dark chocolate bar until melted. Sweeten with 1 tablespoon of agave or to your taste, then whisk in 3 tablespoons of chia seeds and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate fora few hours until set.
- In the bowl of a mini food processor puree together the sliced mango with a splash of almond milk until you have a smooth puree. Sweeten to taste with the agave and stir in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 2.5 tablespoons of chia seeds. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- In another cup whisk together 1 cup pf almond milk with 0.28 oz wheat grass powder and the juice from half a lime. Sweeten to taste with the agave and whisk in 3 tablespoons of chia seeds. Cover and refrigerate.
- Using the food processor puree the avocado with 1/2 cup of almond milk, and the juice from 1 lemon. Sweeten to taste with agave and whisk in 3 tablespoons of chia seeds. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a separate cup whisk together 1 cup of almond milk, 3.5 oz of dragon fruit puree or pitaya and a squeeze of lemon juice. Sweeten to taste with the agave or honey, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, about 3 hours or overnight.
- Once all the chia seed puddings have set you are ready to plate the.
- Spoon a layer of each flavor of the chia seed breakfast pudding divided between 4 glasses. You can arrange the layers in your favorite order, garnishing with edible flowers and a sprinkle of bee pollen.
I love seeing all the pretty layers in this. What a total treat and so glam looking!
I love those colors! I bet these are delicious! I need to make these for my family!
I’ve just been introduced to chia seeds. This looks fantastic!
Awesome, welcome to the chia seed club ! I even add them to sauces, chia is queen !
This looks so good!! We have been looking for ways to have the kids eat more chia seeds they would love this breakfast!
I am always looking for new recipes to try. Chia seeds are a delicious choice. I will have to give this a try on the weekend.
Wow! What a stunning dish! It looks a bit intimidating to make, but I bet it is totally worth it!
Thank you, it is actually very easy. Just like making a smoothie, doesn’t get any easier and no cooking involved !
I should make this as it looks like a super good recipe to try out, I haven’t had pudding in a couple of days 😉 I also haven’t had it for breakfast ever!
Sounds like a must make a.s.a.p 😉
This recipe is definitely food for your eyes as well as food for your tummy. I need to explore the world of chia more.
thank you Marcie, and yes, chia seeds are fantastic, so much fun and good for you !
These are so pretty. I would love to wake up to one of these unicorn puddings in the morning. The colors alone would make me smile all day!
I am all about foods that make me happy. Unicorn Rainbow Pudding, how can that not put a smile on someone’s face ? Enjoy !
This dish not only looks delic it looks fun! This would be great for parties…how chic
Yes, Goddess parties 😉
This has got to be some of the prettiest chia seed pudding I have ever seen. I love the health benefits of chia as well.
yay, that makes me so happy ! Chia pudding forever !
Wow! That is so colorful and intriguing! I am so interested in trying this! Thanks!
Wow… love the colors but even more is the fact that it is organic and made with good stuff! I am going to share this with a friend also.
Yes, no food coloring allowed around here. I mean, just look at the colors nature gives us, rainbow pudding with pure wholesome organic ingredients. Hope you make it soon !