The ultimate ricotta banana nut bread recipe of all time, upgraded with fluffy creamy ricotta cheese, olive oil and candied walnuts.
Ricotta Banana Bread
Easy and super moist, made with 2 bananas, a smooth extra virgin olive oil, granulated and brown sugars, nutty candied walnuts or pecans and heavenly whole milk ricotta cheese. A riff on this fan favorite cranberry bread, as good as grandma’s and better than any cafes!
Made without a mixer, just 2 bowls and a spatula.
You know I don’t always bake, but when I do it’s probably something with Italian ricotta cheese inside. Because truth is, that is the only way to bake a good thing in my world!
You could even use this recipe to make banana muffins instead of a loaf, just adjust the cooking time to about 20 minutes.
Don’t be stingy with the walnuts!
You want lots of little crunchy nutty bites in this fluffy bread, plus walnuts are super good for our brain. That’s what I tell myself every time I eat 2 bags in one sitting. They make me smarter, so load them up!
Honestly, the only thing that would take this ricotta nut bread over the top would be a generous chocolate glaze pouring off the sides. Or maybe caramel.. or a streusel topping…
- Lemon muffins
- Lemon blueberry bread
- Cannoli cream filling.
- Blueberry ricotta muffins
- Authentic Tiramisu.
- Italian wedding cookies
- Lemon olive oil cake.
- Ricotta cookies.
Ricotta Banana Nut Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup organic extra virgin olive oil (or substitute with melted butter or coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 large organic eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or the seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 3/4 cup candied walnuts -roughly chopped + a few for garnish
- 2 bananas - diced
- Preheat your oven to 350"F
- In a medium bowl whisk together the olive oil or melted butter and sugars together until creamy.
- Add the vanilla extract, ricotta cheese and heavy cream and whisk until everything is incorporated. Whisk in the eggs until you have a smooth mixture. Add the bananas and walnuts and gently toss to coat.
- In another large bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt. Make a well in the middle and pour the wet mixture inside.
- Using a spatula gently fold all the ingredients together.
- Grease a loaf pan with a dab of butter or oil and pour in the mixture.
- Sprinkle a few walnuts on top for garnish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wooden cutting boar and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- Tip - Make an extra loaf, wrap in plastic and freeze. Thaw for 1 hour on the kitchen counter before ready to use or pop in the toaster oven.
You’ll Also Love: