The best quick and easy cranberry bread recipe, loaded with fresh cranberries, ricotta cheese, vanilla and extra virgin olive oil, then finished with a crispy streusel topping.
All you need on your Thanksgiving and Christmas table is this to die for, fluffy homemade sweet bread.
I don’t think it lasts for more than 20 minutes after it comes out of the oven, so plan accordingly.
Super simple to make, all you need is two bowls, a whisk and a spatula to fold everything together (Watch Video Below). Bake for about 1 hour and wowza!
The perfect loaf will be staring in the face.
How to make cranberry bread that is fluffy and moist without orange juice:
2 Secrets: ricotta cheese + olive oil !
How to store:
Allow the loaf to cool off completely before wrapping it loosely in aluminum foil and storing on the kitchen counter or the pantry. Do not refrigerate!
- Replace the streusel topping with a nice glaze instead.
- Add white chocolate chips or nuts to the batter.
- Drizzle with a grand marnier or orange glaze
The best cranberry bread recipe loaded with fresh cranberries, ricotta cheese, vanilla and extra virgin olive oil, then finished with a crispy streusel topping.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil organic
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar organic
- 2 large eggs organic, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour organic
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup cranberries (fresh organic)
- 4 tbsp all purpose flour
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar organic
- 3 tbsp cold or frozen butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 “F
In a mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, olive oil, vanilla, sugar, sea salt and ricotta cheese. Set aside.
In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add it to the bowl with the wet mixture. Add the cranberries and using a spatula gently fold everything together.
Layer a loaf pan with baking wax paper and pour in the dough.
Quickly make the streusel topping by combining the sugar and flour together in a small bowl. Using a cheese grater, grate the cold butter on top and mix in using your fingertips, just until mixture looks like wet sand. Move quickly so the butter doesn’t melt. Sprinkle over the cranberry bread dough.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean.
Grand Marnier Glaze:
Whisk together 1 c powder sugar + 1/4 c grand marnier.
Whisk 1 c powder sugar + 3 tbsp orange juice + 1 tbsp lemon juice. Combine with the zest from 1 orange and drizzle over the cranberry bread after it has cooled off completely.