This blueberry muffin cake is as easy to make as muffins but with a more impressive presentation. Ricotta and olive oil make this the fluffiest muffin cake ever with a cheesecake like texture.
Who has big plans for Valentine’s Day ?
Mine includes sleeping in late in my pink pajamas and waking up with a fresh sea salt vanilla latte on the rocks, delivered in bed next to this blueberry muffin cake ! Do you think it sounds realistic at all ? I mean the BatMan baking or something of that nature ? Bahahahah Dream on baby !
He would burn some rubber tough from his 67 Mustang all the way to the coffee shop and back. More about the Mustang project and the Ferrari red color yours truly selected, to come soon on a blog you often visit 😉
So tell me: does this look like a muffin cake or what ? In reality it is a riff on my oh so loved blueberry ricotta muffins ! Because seriously you guys, you know me and cakes, not really happening !
So I made us a Fake a muffin Cake, that is stupidly easy to make but delivers like a Boss ! Everybody wins right ? A slice of this and that dreamy iced latte of mine is a pretty magical Valentine’s morning.
Fine, sprinkle some rose petals over the top if you want to get all romantic on me, you can even put a candle in the middle, your house your rules !
I’m sure I’ve said it at least a dozen times before, but I’ll say it again: ricotta is everything you guys ! You wanna bake something special, use ricotta, ricotta is your best baking buddy forever and ever Amen !
To make is as wholesome as possible I use olive oil as my fat of choice and let me tell you: brilliant ! Fluffy and moist with a little crunch on top.
Totally unrelated issue to the muffin cake:
I have a strawberry plant that survived since last year and gave me 2 beautiful strawberries this month, so I was stoked. The first one got jacked by the darn squirrel which totally upset me but eventually let it go.
As I checked on the second one last night, I decided to pick it in the morning when my brain calculated it would be just pure perfection after the sun-kissed it one more time. As planned, I went to pick it this morning, and can you imagine what happened ..?
Take a wild guess while enjoying a slice of this blueberry muffin cake !
- 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 6 oz fresh blueberries
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp milk
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp butter cold
- Preheat your oven to 375 “F
- In a mixing bowl whisk together 1 1/2 c of the flour, the baking powder and sea salt. Gently stir in the blueberries and set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the egg, 3/4 c of sugar, olive oil, vanilla extract, ricotta cheese and the milk.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and gently fold it together.
- Prepare a springform cake pan and using a dab of soft butter coat the inside and the sides of the pan.
- Pour the muffin cake mixture inside and set it on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Prepare the topping by combining the 4 tablespoons of granulated sugar with 2 tbsp of flour. Grate the cold butter on top and using your fingers work it into the flour and sugar mixture until it looks like coarse sand.
- Sprinkle the topping over the muffin cake and bake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean.
- Allow to cool before removing from the spring form pan.
- Optional: Use a favorite stencil and sprinkle the top with powder sugar once the cake has cooled down completely.
- Garnish with edible flowers or rose petals for a romantic presentation.
You’ll Also Love: