How to make a simple lemon blueberry muffin cake at home, perfect for breakfast, a birthday and heck even a wedding If I get to choose. Instead of the usual streusel topping you can actually whip up a quick lemon glaze to pour all over the top. I did both, because It was the weekend and I’ve heard calories don’t count until Monday. So there, extra glaze and streusel for everyone!
In a nutshell this is my cake like version of the blueberry ricotta muffins, because Ricotta and Olive Oil run my world Forever and Ever!
Feel free to bring out your special cake flour for this one, tough I’ll be honest, I used all purpose organic because I’m simple like that. Cake like texture achieved like a boss, no trouble and no extra grocery store trips in my pajamas and flip flops.
You are welcome!
When making the lemon glaze make sure to whisk the lemon juice and sugar together very well until extra smooth. If it turns out too thin then add a little more sugar. If too thick then add a couple more drops of lemon juice. Simple as that.
Please have patience and allow the cake the cool off completely before you pour the glaze over the top. Don’t be like me basically, or things will get messy. Still the best and really delicious but messy. Whatever rocks your world tough 😉
I’m sure I’ve said it at least a dozen times before, but I’ll say it again: ricotta is everything you guys ! You wanna bake something special, use ricotta! Ricotta is your best baking buddy forever and ever!
To make is as wholesome as possible I use olive oil as my fat of choice and let me tell you: It’s so Fluffy!
Lemon Blueberry Muffin Cake Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 375 “F
- In a mixing bowl whisk together 1 1/2 cups of the flour, the baking powder and sea salt. Gently stir in the blueberries and set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the egg, 3/4 cup of sugar, olive oil, vanilla extract, ricotta cheese and the milk.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and gently fold it together.
- Prepare a springform cake pan and using a dab of soft butter coat the inside and the sides of the pan.
- Pour the muffin cake mixture inside and set it on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Combine the 4 tablespoons of granulated sugar with 2 tbsp of flour. Grate the cold butter on top and using your fingers work it into the flour and sugar mixture until it looks like coarse sand.
- Sprinkle the topping over the muffin cake and bake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean.
- Allow to cool before removing from the spring form pan.
- Optional: Use a favorite stencil and sprinkle the top with powder sugar once the cake has cooled down completely.
- In a medium bowl combine together the powdered sugar, lemon juice and zest. Whisk until combined and silky smooth.
You’ll Also Love: