An exquisite truffle risotto recipe you can make in your own kitchen, just like your favorite Italian restaurant. Goes well with these garlic scallops, sauteed wild trumped mushrooms mixed in at the end, grilled shrimp, lobster or chicken.
I am bringing you good news today kids, in the form of an insane vegetarian truffle risotto recipe you absolutely must make.
Might sound intimidating at first, but it really is super simple to execute, not to mention at a fraction of the price you would order this in a nice Italian restaurant.
We’ve talked about truffles before, right ? Remember that time I made the truffle chicken because I scored a nice black truffle right before Christmas ? Yeah, I love truffles!
If you happen to have some truffles on hand today then I say enjoy and indulge making my truffle risotto recipe tonight.
I swear this risotto is the sexiest risotto ever. You know you want it! 😉
So the truth is I didn’t have a fresh truffle this time, but clearly that did not stop me from making a truffle risott., Come on now!
I actually prefer the truffle butter here, because on top of the perfect truffle flavor, it also ads that silky finish mandatory for a 5 star risotto.
I even made a quick youtube video to give you a glimpse of my stove while I was throwing this truffle risotto recipe together. I hope you watch it because it’s only like 1 minute long and not fancy at all. But I can smell those truffles just watching it.
I’m pretty sure I told you last week I was on a risotto kick, and with Valentine’s day just around the corner I think this is a pretty perfect dish to master. If you were looking for a way to sweep your Valentine off of his or her/his feet, this truffle risotto recipe will surely do the trick.
And then what a delicious way to keep a healthy lifestyle this New Year with Village Harvest risotto rice. All their rice is natural and unprocessed, just the way i like it. Village Harvest “superfino” grade Arborio is the highest quality available, sourced from the Po River Valley in Italy, the perfect foundation for an authentic truffle risotto recipe.
You see, I told you I look out for you and I did, so I expect you to report back to mama as soon as you give my truffle risotto recipe a try.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Truffle Risotto Recipe
- 2 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion diced
- 6 c vegetable stock hot + more as needed
- 1/2 c white wine dry
- 2 c Village Harvest arborio rice
- 1 1/2 tbsp truffle butter
- 2 tbsp truffle carpaccio or 1 small black truffle thinly shaved
- 1/4 c Italian parsley minced
- In a large skillet melt the butter and sauté the onion until translucent. Add the risotto rice to the pan and stir to coat in all the butter for a few minutes.
- Add the wine to the skillet and simmer until almost fully evaporated.
- Start adding the hot stock one ladle at a time making sure to cover the rice each time and maintain a constant ripple.
- Repeat the process until the rice is al dente. Remove from heat and add 1/2 ladle of stock and stir well.
- Place the truffle butter on top of the risotto and cover with a lid. Let the risotto sit covered for 5 minutes without touching it for the butter to melt from the steam.
- Stir the risotto well and add the truffle carpaccio on top making sure to reserve a few truffle slices for garnish.
- Spoon the risotto into bowls and sere garnished with the truffle slices and the minced parsley.