The best pumpkin bread recipe you will ever have, made with organic pumpkin puree, smooth olive oil and dark chocolate chunks, then covered in sea salt caramel and toasted coconut. Easy Samoa style pumpkin bread of your dreams!
I know those are some big claims you guys, but once you make the best pumpkin bread recipe you will second that as well. I mean, only If you love pumpkin and caramel, and chocolate and coconut together in one bite!
Basically a Samoa girl scout cookie, except there is no cookie but a moist slice of pumpkin bread instead that is loaded with all the goodies of a Samoa. I sure do hope that makes sense 😉
I used a mix of coconut sugar and granulated sugar because I just love the caramel like flavor it adds to this recipe. You could use one or the other tough, experiment and find your favorite combination.
Easy breezy, best pumpkin bread recipe ever is now available for your tasting pleasure!
- You’ll need 2 bowls to mix up the ingredients.
- Bake your pumpkin bread in a 350”F then let it cool.
- While the bread is cooling you’ll quickly toast some coconut flakes in the same hot oven.
- Once cooled, you drizzle it all over with sea sat caramel and lots of toasted coconut flakes.
- You make some expresso and dive into the pumpkin bread standing up over your kitchen counter.
By now it probably makes more sense why this is called the best pumpkin bread recipe, right ?
So If you are looking for the perfect bribe for the kiddos to clean up the house, this will do the trick. Now that is priceless right ? teeheehee
Because: Pumpkin + Chocolate + Caramel + Toasted Coconut = the Best Pumpkin Bread Ever!
- 1/2 c organic pumpkin purée
- 2 large eggs organic at room temperature
- 1/2 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 c flour
- 1/2 c coconut sugar
- 1/4 c granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg freshly grated
- 3.5 oz dark chocolate bar roughly chopped
- 1/3 c sea salt caramel melted
- 1/3 c unsweetened coconut flakes
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 350" F.
- In a medium size mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, olive oil, vanilla extract, nutmeg, sugars and pumpkin puree until combined.
- Using a separate bowl combine the flour with a pinch of sea salt, baking powder and baking soda. Stir in the chocolate chunks but reserve a few to sprinkle on top, then add the flour mix to the bowl with the wet ingredients.
- Using a spatula fold the two together until combined, but without over-mixing.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper leaving some hanging out on the sides to make the removal process easy. The extra parchment paper will serve you as handles.
- Pour the pumpkin bread batter in the loaf pan and sprinkle with the reserved chocolate chunks. Press them down gently using the palm of your hand.
- Bake the pumpkin bread in the preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean. Transfer it to a wooden board and allow it to cool. Use the parchment paper to easily remove the pumpkin bread from the loaf pan.
- While the bread is cooling toast the coconut.
- Spread the coconut on top of a parchment lined baking sheet in a thin layer. Toast it in the preheated oven for about 5 minutes, stirring one or twice making sure not to burn. The coconut is toasted when nicely golden. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Once your pumpkin bread has cooled off, drizzle it over the top with the caramel, sprinkle with a pinch of coarse sea salt flakes and cover with the toasted coconut. Allow to cool completely before slicing.