A delicious fruity strawberry salsa recipe perfect as a dip with a bag of chips, or spooned over your favorite fish, like salmon or halibut, grilled chicken or street tacos.
I keep saying: it’s all about the simple things kids, and this right here is living proof of that!
Tough I gave my recipe a classic spin with jalapeño and cilantro, I also make it with fresh basil, orange, honey and a balsamic reduction to enjoy as a healthy dessert topping.
So If you aren’t particularly fond of cilantro, make it without. Simple as that! Use thinly sliced fresh basil instead and garnish with basil blossoms. Basically give your salsa fresca an Italian spin!
Strawberries seem to always be one of the most contaminated with pesticides and chemicals, so buy organic whenever possible. Here is the 2016 dirty dozen. Yikes!
This healthy, sweet and tangy strawberry salsa recipe is nature showing off in all its splendor through perfect flavors and textures.
- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- 1 green chile pepper or to taste -diced or sliced
- 2 scallions -diced
- 1 lime -juiced
- 1/2 small Orange -juiced
- 1/3 c fresh cilantro or basil leaves
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 drizzle wild honey -optional
- Cilantro or basil blossoms for garnish
- Rinse the strawberries well and cut them in half lengthwise. Discard the core and the leaves. Dice the strawberries into small dice.
- In a mixing bowl gently toss together the diced strawberries, chile pepper, scallions, lime juice and freshly squeezed orange juice. Season with a pinch of sea salt and adjust seasonings with more honey or lime juice to your taste.
Sprinkle the strawberry salsa with the fresh cilantro or basil leaves and blossoms and serve over fish or grilled chicken.