The best fresh tomato salsa recipe or “ salsa fresca “, made with freshly picked heirloom tomatoes, beautiful green and red onions, fragrant cilantro, jalapeño and fresh lime juice. Homemade, from scratch!
Healthy and easy like Sunday morning, you can also make it with red or green tomatoes, tomatillo, and If you aren’t a fan of cilantro just leave it out and replace it with basil.
The perfect topping for my Mexican Shrimp Tacos, pupusas, to spoon over a gorgeous piece of salmon, grilled chicken, peppercorn steak, or simply served as an appetizer/dip with your favorite chips or nachos.
Because I picked the first tomatoes from the garden this week, and because all i want to do in this heat is sit on the beach with a platter of tacos and salsa in my face.
I am a real believer in the fact that using quality ingredients especially in the simplest dishes, will take them to a whole new level of awesomeness! And when making salsa nothing beats using fragrant heirloom tomatoes! The absolute best!
- Do Not throw away the seeds, the middle of the tomato! There’s a lot of juice and flavor hiding in there.
- Simply dice the tomatoes and add them to a bowl, then mix them up with the rest of the ingredients.
- Season to taste with the sea salt and lots of lime, until your tastes buds jump with joy !
- Turn is into a meal like this Tomato Avocado Salad!
Fresh Tomato Salsa Recipe
- Slice then dice the heirloom tomatoes into small dice using a sharp knife. Add them to a large serving platter.
- Chop up the scallions and red chili pepper and sprinkle them on top of the diced tomatoes.
- Squeeze the juice from the 2 limes all over the top and season with a good sprinkling of sea salt. Taste and just seasonings to your taste with more lime or sea salt.
- Thinly slice the green jalapeno pepper and purple spring onions into rounds. Sprinkle them over the salsa.
- Add the fresh cilantro leaves on top and serve with extra lime wedges on the side.
You’ll Also Love: