Easy and quick, this is the best Italian wedding cookies recipe ever. Loaded with walnuts and hazelnuts and coated in fluffy powder sugar like a snowball, these Italian cookies are sure to steal everybody’s heart!
I know this is random you guys, and tough I have made and photographed more than 5 seasonal recipes this week, today I bring you the best Cookies.
Last night I started craving cookies, so weird, so random, but couldn’t help it. And then I remembered I stocked up on organic butter at Whole Foods last week because it was something like 50% off.
Clearly my Italian wedding cookies were begging to be made!
So here I am, cleaning little cookie crumbs out of my keyboard while I rush to share this easy recipe with you.
Let me be more specific: stupidly easy Italian wedding cookies recipe, you just can’t fail at this.
Basically I make everything in the bowl of my kitchen aid, just whisk all ingredients together, one by one until combined. Then I shape the dough into golfball size cookies and bake them for 20 minutes. And then, coat them like crazy in powder sugar and indulge.
I make about 45 cookies out of one batch of dough, I suspect you could shape them even smaller and end up with about 55. Patience was not my virtue yesterday. See what you can master 😉
What makes this the best Italian Wedding Cookies recipe is all that butter. True Story!
If there are 2 cookie recipes one must master and have in their life is this one and the fluffy ricotta cookies.
- Do not grease the cookie sheet before baking, these really are butter cookies and are perfectly coated themselves. Butter forever!
- If grinding the nuts yourself, make sure to leave a little bit of texture, you don’t want nut flour, just ground nuts with a little rustic texture.
- Feel free to replace the walnuts and hazelnuts in the recipe with an equal amount of ground pistachios.
- Don’t feel like baking? Here’s where to buy Italian wedding cookies made to order(amazon link).
P.S. Store your cookies on the kitchen counter loosely covered with aluminum foil.
- 1 1/2 c salted butter organic
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 c ground walnuts
- 3/4 c ground hazelnuts
- 3 c all purpose flour
- 3/4 c powder sugar
- 1/2 c powder sugar for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 325”F.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter and 3/4 c of the powder sugar until fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and little by little the ground walnuts and hazelnuts. Mix until combined.
- Start adding in the flour little by little until mixed in.
- Prepare your largest cookie sheet and using a small spoon form the cookies into rounds, the size of a golfball or smaller. You should have about 45 cookies.
- Arrange all the cookies on the baking sheet without touching each other.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated 325”F oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the wedding cookies from the oven and allow them to cool off for a few minutes before rolling them over the reserved powder sugar.
- Arrange the cookies on a platter and dust with more powder sugar on top before serving.