Who’s in for some 6 minute sticky apricot glazed chicken ?! Yes kids I said 6 minutes and no smoke in the house. I am really stoked about this one, and I partnered up with iPinium -family own business from Sweden to bring you this incredibly fast and delicious weeknight meal, chicken tenderloin grilled in the oven on the revolutionary iPinium grill plate.
Why revolutionary you might ask ? Well for starters, it is a non stick double-sided pan that is environmentally friendly, the coating is PFOA and PFOS free and meets both European and American environmental regulations. iPinium was a triple award winner at the prestigious Food and New Products Fair in Serbotel, France; for Innovation, Sustainable Development, and Health and Nutrition.
As with every new piece of cookware I gently washed the pan with a soft sponge and mild soap, dried it well and applied a super thin layer of extra virgin olive oil all over, which I then wiped off with a towel. This is for first time use only. After that off it went in the oven for 15 minutes until it reached a temperature of 450″F.
Meanwhile I had my chicken tenderloin sitting at room temperature for about 20 minutes, it is important to work with meats at room temperature for even fast cooking. There is no need for the use of oils or butter, but because I wanted to really test the non stick coating of this revolutionary pan, I decided to make something sticky, like this apricot glazed chicken and see what actually happens.
I honestly really expected this to stick and /or leave a sticky mess behind, I mean it is apricot glazed chicken after all, but guess what ? I was wrong ! Because the chicken tenderloin is so thin I actually flipped it after only 3 minutes, so a total cooking time of 6 minutes on the preheated iPinium grill plate. And please inspect those nice grill marks after only 3 minutes per side, and that glaze that perfectly caramelized without burning nor sticking. It’s all about that glaze baby!
This might be the fastest easiest chicken dinner, finished with just a nice squeeze of fresh lemon, some red chile slices for extra heat and some lively cilantro. I never thought I’d have another piece of non stick cookware in my kitchen, but this one made me a believer, especially after I rinsed it with some gentle soap and soft sponge like it was nothing. Looks brand new after cooking all that sticky chicken on it !
You can order your own directly from the iPiniumusa.com store ( Not an affiliate link) and also enter the giveaway below for a chance to win a reversible iPinium grill/bake plate, a $200 value.
- 8 chicken tenderloins
- 3 tbsp apricot fruit spread/jam
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Zest from 1 lemon organic
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes + more to taste
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 slices organic lemon into wedges
- 1 red chile pepper sliced
- 5 cilantro sprigs for garnish
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Season the chicken with a good pinch of sea salt, paprika and black pepper on both sides and allow to rest at room temperature for 20 minutes while preheating your oven and the Ipinum grill pan.
- In a small bowl make the apricot glaze by whisking together the apricot spread, soy sauce, lemon zest, olive oil and red pepper flakes.
- Brush the chicken all over with the apricot glaze and place it on the preheated iPinium grill pan preferably without touching each other. Close the oven and after 3 to 4 minutes flip the chicken tenderloin so you get nice grill marks on both sides.
- Using silicone or wood tongues transfer the chicken to a serving platter and garnish with the red chile, lemon slices and cilantro.
you may serve the chicken straight off of the iPinium grill pan, just make sure to place it on a heat proof surface like a wooden board , and handle with oven mitts.
“Disclosure:This is a sponsored post and giveaway, compensation was provided by iPiniumusa, all opinions are my own.”
iPinium Giveaway: One Reversible Grill/Bake Plate Giveaway ($200 Value) to one of you fabulous lucky readers ! To Enter, just tell me “What would you cook on the Ipinium Grill/Bake Plate , in the comments section below !