Compound Garlic Chive Butter Recipe
- 1/3 cup fresh onion chives -snipped
- 2 sticks organic grass fed butter -salted
- 2 chive flowers ( the purple ones)
- 1 clove grated garlic ( optional )
- Bring the butter to room temperature until softened. Do NOT microwave!
- Rinse and dry the chives very well on paper towels. Use the kitchen sheers to snip them into small pieces.
- Add the softened butter, snipped chives and grated garlic If using to a mixing bowl. Use a spatula to combine everything. Separate the tiny blossoms from the chive flowers and gently mix them into the butter as well.
- Spoon onto a sheet of parchment paper and fold the paper over into a cylinder. Twist the ends to seal tight.
- Wrap the herb butter again in some plastic wrap and refrigerate until solid.
- At this point you can use within 3 weeks or freeze for later use.