A quick easy lesson on how to clarify butter ghee at home on the stove top, or in the microwave. No cheesecloth required!
Let’s address in detail the art of clarifying!
Because organic ghee is the base for the most delicious lemon garlic butter sauce you need to have in your life. The one I pour all over these crispy wings for the BatMan and serve extra on the side. Trust me, everyone wants to double dip in this garlic butter sauce.
I am talking about real organic butter here, the stuff that comes from happy grass fed cows, that is really good stuff, healthy stuff too!
Now i’m not saying that you should snack on a stick of butter in the middle of the night, I am saying it is a good fat to have in your diet in limited amounts, just like avocado and eggs. Wholesome stuff!
I am not going to debate the saturated fat issue in this article, there are many amazing studies out there that elaborate on the subject for those of you interested.
Are clarified butter and ghee the same thing ? In a nutshell: Yes!
Ghee is actually clarified butter, which is really just butter with the milk solids removed. Which means you can sear scallops in it or crisp up eggs without smoking and burning. I hope that makes total sense 😉
Most importantly butter ghee stays in liquid form at room temperature, and has lots of healthy healing properties, an essential part of Ayurvedic living.
Clarified butter contains butyric fatty acid with anticancer and antiviral properties, and it is one of the finest cooking oils we know of, not to mention Beautiful! Wow, what a show off, right ?!
Below I posted a guide on how to clarify butter at home, you can use it for anything from lobster, crab, popcorn or to fry an egg.
How to Clarify Butter Ghee
- 2 sticks butter organic
Stove Top Method
- In a shallow small sauce pan heat up the butter cut into cubes on medium low flame.
- Simmer gently until a white foam forms on the top.
- Using a dry spoon skim the foam off the top and collect it in a small bowl.
- Simmer the butter for about 10 to 20 minutes and keep skimming the foam off the top.
- Remove butter from heat and gently transfer it into a clean jar or bowl through a mesh strainer, making sure to leave behind all the white milk sediments sticking to the bottom.
- Store clarified butter ghee on your kitchen counter at room temperature.
- Add the butter to a microwave proof dish and microwave on high for 2 minutes.Remove from the microwave and allow it to sit for a minute or so. Spoon the foam off of the top and discard.
You’ll Also Love: