Extra crispy wings in a lemon garlic butter sauce made with clarified butter ghee.
Chicken wings are still the rage as appetizers for any party, and with the NFL season here, I came up with a sauce to dunk them in that will make you lick your plates and fingers clean.
This is what you’ll need:
- Fresh juicy lemons
- Lots of garlic
- Clarify some organic butter, in order to obtain that guilt free liquid gold.
The trick is to only let the garlic swim in the hot clarified butter after you remove it from the flame. That heat is enough to help it release all those amazing garlicky flavors, and marry with the tangy lemon. We are not looking for color on the garlic, we are simply looking for a perfect infusion of that butter ghee.
- 3 Lb organic chicken wings (tips discarded)
- 3/4 c clarified butter ghee
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 5 cloves garlic (grated)
- 3 tbs fresh Italian parsley (roughly chopped)
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (freshly cracked)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dehydrated minced onion or garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg (freshly grated)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes + more to taste
- Rinse the chicken wings and dry them very well with paper towels. Place them in the refrigerator uncovered overnight to air dry if possible. Before roasting them make sure to bring them to room temperature for 20 minutes and pat dry any extra moisture.
- Toss the wings with 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with the spice mix making sure to coat them well all over.
- Preheat your oven to 450 F degrees and arrange the chicken wings on a broiler pan or oven proof cooling rack. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160 F degrees and the wings are golden brown and crispy. Turn the wings once half way through so they get nicely golden on both sides.
- Remove wings from the oven and toss to coat in the Lemon Butter Garlic Sauce. Serve sprinkled with the parsley. Serve hot with extra napkins.
Warm up the butter in a sauce pan on medium low flame and clarify it by simmering and skimming the foam off of the top, about 15 minutes.
Remove the butter from heat and gently pour it in a serving bowl, making sure to leave behind any milk particles sticking on the bottom.
Add the grated garlic to the warm butter and allow it to infused it for a few minutes. Whisk in the the lemon juice and adjust seasonings to your taste with sea salt.
- Pour it over the crispy wings and serve the remaining sauce on the side for dipping.
You’ll Also Love: