The best, easy, warm potato salad with perfect hard boiled eggs and coasted in a silky vinaigrette of olive oil and red wine vinegar. I like to keep it rustic and healthy, so no mayo, no bacon, purely vegetarian, garnished with lots of fresh onion chives, fragrant dill and a handful of toasted pine nuts for texture.
Favorite Add On Ideas:
- goat cheese crumbles mixed in at the last minute for a creamy flavorful texture
- a couple of tablespoons of capers for a salty bite
- diced up cornichons or dill pickles for extra crunch
- baby arugula
Warm Potato and Egg Salad Recipe
- 4 lb golden potatoes - organic
- 6 scallions (or 1 medium red onion )-thinly sliced
- 8 large hard boiled eggs (cooled and sliced)
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil + more to taste
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar + more to taste
- 2 tsp sea salt +more to taste
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh dill -roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pine nuts -toasted
- 1 -2 tsp red pepper flakes -or to taste
- 1/3 cup onion chives - chopped
- Whisk the olive oil and red wine vinegar together then toss with the sliced onion. Season with the sea salt and allow the flavors to marry while the potatoes are cooking.
- Wash the potatoes and cover with cold water and a big pinch of sea salt. Bring to a boil and simmer with the skins on until soft when pierced with a knife (about 20 -25 min). Drain them and allow to sit until cool enough to handle. Peel the skins off of the potatoes and slice them in 1/3 inch slices or into wedges. Boil the eggs and cut them into slices.
- In a large bowl gently toss the cooked potatoes and eggs with the olive oil vinegar dressing and the marinated onions.Adjust seasonings and stir in the dill reserving some for garnish. Serve with some freshly cracked black pepper on top, garnished with the fresh dill, chives and the toasted pine nuts.