A simple summer chive Pesto Potato Salad that is creamy and healthy, no mayo and no yuckies, sprinkled with toasted nuts!
Just fresh onion Chives cut from the garden buzzed up together with extra virgin olive oil, pine nuts or pepitas, a little zing from red wine vinegar. Then I tossed that with golden baby potatoes ( you could use the red ones too) cooked al dente, so they hold up together to the pesto Sauce.
If your Chives are in bloom, by all means sprinkle some of those gorgeous purple Blossoms all over your salad.
Chive Pesto Potato Salad Recipe
- 1 bunch chives organic
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil organic
- 1/4 cup pepitas or pumpkin seeds toasted + some for garnish
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Red wine vinegar + more to taste
- Chives sprigs and flowers for garnish optional
- 2 pund baby golden potatoes or fingerlings halved
- Cover the potatoes with cold water and bring to a simmer. Add a good pinch a sea salt and cook until tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain in a colander and let them steam dry for a few minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile in the bowl of a food processor, add the chives, pumpkin seeds, olive oil and red wine vinegar. Process until smooth and season to taste with the sea salt. Adjust seasoning and consistency to your liking by adding more olive oil or some of the water that the potatoes have cooked in. Pour the chive pesto over the fingerings potatoes and gently toss to coat all over. Serve warm or at room temperature garnished with fresh herbs or chives flowers.
You’ll Also Love: