Easy, healthy limeade recipe made with organic blueberry puree, honey and fresh, real limes. Thirst quenching, perfect for a crowd, and the best to mix up some margaritas or mojitos for a summer party!
Blueberry Limeade Recipe
There is no sugar, no caffeine and no alcohol in this recipe, so you can drink as much as you like friends. However, it does pair well with a little vodka, rum or tequila, whatever you grown ups can handle 😉
The keep it vegan, the honey can be replaced with agave syrup. Often times I’ll also add a couple of tablespoons of chia seeds for extra nutrients and to make it super healthy.
You can always substitute the blueberries with cherries, raspberries, strawberries, or blackberries. Whatever is having a moment.
Turns out blueberries and limes really have a thing for each other. They look good together and make for a great marriage of flavors.
To strain or not to strain ?
Totally up to you! We like to enjoy this in its most rustic form, plus you are also getting more nutrients and fiber that way, so I would strongly suggest against it.
- 1 c organic blueberries fresh or frozen
- 6 organic limes juiced
- 2 organic limes sliced
- 1/3 c wild honey or agave
- 6 c filtered water (flat or sparkling)
- Ice cubes
- 6 Lemon balm sprigs for garnish
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender add the blueberries, lime juice and honey. Puree until smooth. Transfer to a pitcher with the sliced limes and pour the water over the top. Stir to combine and adjust sweetness to your taste with more honey or agave. Refrigerate until chilled and serve over ice garnished with lime wedges.
2. You can make a cooked blueberry puree as the base for this limeade, just simmer the blueberries, sweetener and lime juice until thickened to your liking.
You’ll Also Love: