How to make homemade iced coconut milk latte with wild honey and espresso ice cubes!
My favorite way to cool off on any hot summer day is with a jar of iced coconut milk latte I make at home. And yes, organic coffee is a good delicious thing nature offers us.
Whole 30 compliant, gluten free, easy and super delicious!
With an extra boost of caffeine slowly released as the espresso cubes start to melt, just what you need to make it through the day.
Contrary to popular belief you do not need a fancy espresso machine to get a good pot of coffee. As a matter of fact you can pick up a basic stove top espresso maker for about $35 or so that will give you fantastic results. I love my Italiane Bialetti, it has never let me down. (<–amazon link)
Something wonderful happens to coffee after it’s been chilling in the fridge for a while, so I strongly suggest making this the night before.
You will see I recommend organic unsweetened coconut milk because it is the best, super silky and creamy, gives your latte a rich taste without all the nasties from conventional cow’s milk, which by the way, you should avoid at all costs. ( I am not referring to organic grass fed cow’s milk, unpasteurized and wholesome, that is a completely different beverage you should enjoy if you ever get the chance)
The other thing I like to do is have espresso ice cubes in my freezer to mix in with regular cubes. As the regular ice cubes start melting, I have the espresso cubes backing up my flavor at the same time.
I always finish with a nice creamy splash of coconut milk on top. Trust me: Starbuck doesn’t have a thing on this recipe 😉
Iced Coconut Milk Latte Recipe
- 1 c espresso
- 2-3 c coconut milk (unsweetened + organic)
- 4 tbsp organic raw honey or maple syrup + more to your taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of sea salt
- Start by brewing 2 c of espresso. Pour 1 cup of the espresso into an ice cube tray and freeze over night.
- Combine the hot espresso with the honey, sea salt, vanilla and coconut milk. Adjust sweetness to your taste and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning take the frozen espresso cubes from the freezer and split them between 2 mason jars. Add more plain ice cubes to fill the jars if you like. Pour the chilled latte over the top and finish with an extra splash of coconut milk. Enjoy every sip without guilt!