A healthy cucumber lemonade with mint and honey, easy like Sunday morning, thirst quenching, refreshing and good for you!
Feel free to add a couple of tablespoons of chia seeds for extra health benefits, or be bad with a splash of good vodka and turn it into a cocktail. I will never tell 😉
It is also really lovely with fresh basil instead of mint, just like this strawberry lemonade. For some reason I’m really fond of the mint in here tough. If you do decide to turn it into a cocktail I’d strongly suggest a few jalapeño slices for attitude!
All you need is a cucumber, some lemons, mint or lemon balm leaves + honey. All that stuff you probably have around the kitchen, plus a small blender or food processor. Or you could even muddle the cucumber with a wooden spoon, straight in the pitcher if you prefer.
To strain or not to strain your lemonade ?
I would argue that’s a shame, this is the rustic kitchen plus you’d be cheating yourself out of some good fiber and vitamins.
It also looks pretty cool with tiny little green specks from the cucumber peel, don’t you agree? So, whatever you want to do actually!
Cucumber Lemonade Recipe
- 1/2 English cucumber – diced
- 1/2 English cucumber – sliced
- 4 big lemons – squeezed
- 1 lemon – sliced
- 1/2 c raw honey or agave + more to your taste buds
- 6 c filtered water or sparkling
- 5 sprigs Mint or Basil + some for garnish
- 1/4 c chia seeds optional
- 1/2 c vodka optional 21+ only
- In a blender or food processor add the diced cucumber, honey and the juice from the 4 lemons. Blend until smooth and transfer to a pitcher with the lemon slices, cucumber slices, water and mint. ( Crush the mint a little bit in your hand to help it release its flavors before adding it to the pitcher ) Give it a good stir and adjust seasoning to your taste. Add more honey or lemon if desired then add ice-cubes to the top.
- Stir in the chia seeds If using and serve chilled over ice, garnished with mint or basil leaves, lemon and cucumber slices.