Easy, Goddess whipped goat cheese crostini appetizers with fresh herbs!
Let’s talk about one of my favorite subjects:
How to make crostini and bruschetta talk!
At the risk of being judged a bruschetta snob, I would like to reiterate the fact that crostini or bruschetta are not toast. They are grilled pieces of bread, with a charred smoky exterior and soft interior, rubbed nicely with a garlic clove, brushed with olive oil and then topped with some goodies of your choice.
I’m sure we can finally all agree on that right ? Forever and ever, Amen !
I used my cast iron griddle to quickly charr the crostini, then I whipped up some amazing creamy goat cheese with olive oil and herbs to use as a topping.
You will need a small food processor to make this magic happen. That little machine is Everything! If I could only hold on to one little kitchen gadget, my mini food processor would be it! (<–amazon links)
I have done quite a few bruschetta and crostini recipes on this blog, and can tell you with certainty there are so many more coming up 😉
Goat Cheese Crostini Ideas
- Topped with Shaved Roasted Beets
- Fresh Figs and Honey
- Lemon Zest and Fresh Basil
- Kalamata Tapenade
- Caramelized Onions
- Marinated Roasted Peppers
- Fig Jam
- Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes
- Prosciutto, Honey and Fig Jam
- Slow Roasted Balsamic Tomatoes
- Blood Orange and Black Pepper Marmalade
- Sauteed Wild Mushrooms
Whipped Goat Cheese Crostini Recipe
- Add the goat cheese with 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the bowl of a mini food processor. Season with a pinch of sea salt and add the chives and thyme but reserving some for garnish. Process together until whipped, a couple of minutes.
- Transfer the whipped goat cheese to the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Heat up a cast iron grill pan or griddle on medium high flame.
- Slice the baguette into 3/4 inch slices. Add them to the hot grill pan and cook for about 1 minute on each side until nice charred grill marks form.
- Use the garlic clove and rub one side of each of the grilled slices of bread to your liking. Gently brush with some olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Scoop some of the whipped goat cheese on top of each of the crostini and garnish with the reserved herbs. Serve promptly.