An Italian style breakfast that is perfect as dinner, a fluffy leek frittata loaded with caramelized leeks and creamy pockets of goat cheese in a crispy hash brown crust.
I’m really excited to share one of my favorite breakfasts turned favorite dinner of all times, this leek frittata you guys is outstanding. I mean if you love leeks of course, and eggs and creamy goat cheese all served up on a crispy crust made of hash browns. Does that sound heavenly or what ?
The only thing that would make this better would be if it actually made itself and landed on my lap before I got out of bed in the morning. I know, what can I say, I dream big kids.
I took a little help from our friends at Hungry Jack, and used their hash browns to make a crispy hash brown golden crust to hold my custardy egg and leek mixture. I can’t even tell ya ! ( you can download a coupon here )
You know leeks and potatoes belong together already, and this leek frittata is undeniable living proof of that.
You will need to dust off that old cast iron skillet for this one and have it ready to go to work. I really love that I can prepare everything the night before, caramelize the leeks,whisk my eggs, then when breakfast time sneaks up on us I can have this potato leek frittata baking to perfection while i shower.
A frittata is usually the solution to using up any leftovers you might have around, which is absolutely brilliant in my opinion. However when it comes to this leek frittata I would say keep it simple. Let those sweet caramelized leek show off next to the creaminess of goat cheese, there is so much flavor and beautiful texture here that makes this frittata unique, that i wouldn’t change a thing.
Wanna add some sort of protein to this ? Pile it all on top while you serve it, but present your potato leek frittata as is, straight out of your cast iron skillet. I used the original hash browns flavor here but there is a Black Pepper & Onion flavor i’m looking forward to trying soon.
Now for the super exciting part, you can enter into the Hungry Jack Hashbrowns for Dinner Contest between May 9 – June 19 by voting for my recipe photos for a chance to win a grand prize trip to a NASCAR race on the Hungry Jack website Here .
Potato Leek Frittata Recipe with Goat Cheese
- 1 large leek cleaned and sliced
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 1 oz x 4.2 box original hungry Jack hash browns
- 6 oz goat cheese
- 1 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 4 tsp olive oil
- Slice and wash the leeks in a bowl of cold water. Repeat in a few changes of water until cleaned well. Drain and dry on paper towels.
- Add a lug of olive oil to a large skillet and add the sliced leeks. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and saute on medium low flame for about 30 minutes or so until they start to caramelize. Set aside until ready to use.
- Meanwhile preheat your oven to 350”F
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, sour cream, garlic and onion powders, sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Set aside until ready to use.
- Rehydrate the hungry Jack hash browns according to the directions on the box. Let stand for 12 minutes and drain any excess liquid.
- Preheat a 10” cast iron skillet on medium flame. Add 1 tsp of olive oil and make sure to coat it well all over including the sides.
- Add the hash browns to the cast iron skillet and using a spatula press them into the bottom and up the sides of the skillet. Cook for one minute then pour in the eggs. Cook an additional 2 minutes then sprinkle in the leeks and goat cheese.
- Transfer the leek frittata to the preheated oven and cook for approximately 25 minutes or until the frittata is set and golden brown around the edges and on top.
- Remove the frittata from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes before slicing into it.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
You’ll Also Love: