Homemade Popsicle Recipe with Mixed Berries
This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of The a2 Milk Company™ for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.
| For this homemade popsicle recipe you will need 6 popsicle molds + 6 popsicle wooden sticks |
Let’s talk about homemade popsicles for a second, because it is the season for cold snacks that are wholesome and delicious and good for you; and this popsicle recipe loaded with mixed berries fits the bill perfectly.
Really, anyone can make these popsicles, you just need some popsicle molds, a mini food processor like this or this , frozen or fresh berries, a2 Milk® and a little bit of citrus juice. I also added a little splash of vanilla extract because let’s be honest: vanilla does make everything better and just elevates things to a really special level.
Tough you can use fresh fruit, you’ll notice I used frozen berries in this popsicle recipe. Reason being is that your popsicles will be frozen way faster than If you were to use fresh fruit. Almost instant gratification, and who can say no to that right ? Especially If you have company or a couple of kids waiting around for that special refreshing treat.
Note worthy: to easily remove the Popsicles from their molds make sure to run them under some warm water for a minute or so before wiggling them out of their shell. Also a great idea is to serve them on ice If you are entertaining a crowd, that way they will stay nicely frozen a while longer, especially if it is scorching hot outside.
It’s been a while since we talked about a2 Milk® and today’s popsicle recipe is the perfect occasion to remind you all why I love it so much.
Just in case you haven’t tried it yet or this is your first time hearing about it:
a2 Milk® comes from Certified a2 Cows & Family Owned Dairy Farms.
a2 Milk® is antibiotic free and contains no artificial ingredients or additives.
a2 Milk® is milk the way nature intended. Those who have ‘self diagnosed’ with lactose intolerance issues may enjoy this milk without any symptoms a2 Milk® cows naturally produce milk with only the A2 protein, all other forms of mammal’s milk ( goat, sheep, human) only contain the A2-type proteins.
farmers are certified in the humane treatment of animals, their cows are fed a vegetarian diet and never given hormones or rBST. a2 Milk ® is the only fluid milk on the US market that is guaranteed A1 protein free.
If you’d like to learn more you can visit here.
P.S. don’t forget to get your a2 Milk® $1 Off Coupon and find a2 Milk® on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter! Now let’s get this homemade popsicle recipe rocking and rolling like a boss!
You can find it using their Product Locator.
Homemade Popsicle Recipe with Mixed BerriesPrint Recipe
- 12 oz frozen mixed berries
- 3/4 c a2 Milk®
- 1 large orange squeezed
- 1 1 /2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp agave + more to taste
- 2 tsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- Edible flowers for garnish
- Prepare 6 Popsicle molds and 6 Popsicle wooden sticks. Reserve 1/4 c of a2 Milk® and a few berries.</p>
- <p style="line-height: 20.8px;">In the bowl of a food processor process the frozen berries with the orange and lemon juice, 1/2 c of a2 Milk® vanilla extract and the agave until a nice rustic texture is achieved. Add a couple of the reserved berries to each Popsicle mold, top with a little splash of the reserved a2 milk® and fill with the berry smoothie. Finish with a little splash of a2 Milk® .Repeat the process with the remaining Popsicles. Freeze the Berry Popsicles for a few hours until set. Remove from the molds and serve on ice garnished with basil, mint or edible flowers. </p>
You’ll Also Love these a2 Milk® recipes:
This looks like a perfect, refreshing treat for these hot days! It’s been forever since I’ve made popsicles, but you’ve inspired me to get my act together and try some ASAP!
Ha ! Summer days are closing in on us, gotta be prepared with refreshing homemade popsicles 😉