Healthy Sweet Potato Mash Recipe
- 3 lb sweet potatoes - cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 tbsp olive oil + more as needed
- 1 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1.5 tbsp onion powder
- 1.5 tbsp oregano
- 1 pinch Black pepper -freshly cracked
- 2 tbsp herb butter (optional)
- 2 tbsp fresh chives and thyme
- Preheat oven to 400” F
- Peel and slice the sweet potatoes into 1 inch cubes.
- Drizzle the olive in the bottom of a large roasting dish. Add the paprika, sea salt, onion powder and Oregano. Crack some black pepper on top and use a fork to combine everything.
- Add the potatoes to the spice mix and use your hand to toss everything to coat well all over.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 15 minutes then use a spatula to give everything a mix.
- Turn the heat up to 500" F and Cook another 10 to 15 minutes or so until the potatoes are cooked through and golden around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and very carefully place the pan on a stable surface. Add the chive butter on top and using a masher rustically crush the patatoes to your liking making sure to gather any brown bits from the bottom and the corners. Sprinkle with the fresh chives and thyme and serve!