Baked Sweet Potato Slices
You guys, I already know we are going to keep these vegan roasted sweet potato rounds on repeat all season long. Whole 30, paleo, a stupidly easy recipe for a fall side dish or appetizer everyone is sure to love. The perfect addition to your Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner and any cold winter day.
All you need is a hot oven, some thick sliced sweet potatoes, just a little olive oil and lots of deeply flavorful spices. Toss everything together, roast for about 20 minutes and it’s done! Lightly sweet and savory perfection!
How Long to Roast Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Inch thick Rounds or Slices: roast about 20 minutes or so @500″F flipping half way.
- 1 Inch Cubes: approximately 25 – 30 minutes @375″F.
- Baked Whole Sweet Potato: about 45 minutes @375″F pricked with a fork or pairing knife for the steam to escape (optionally loosely wrapped in foil but not necessary).
- Coat in brown sugar + cinnamon before roasting
- Brown Butter Fried Sage
- walnut pesto + grating of vegan parmesan cheese
- chive pesto
- drizzle with chimichurri sauce
- get festive for Thanksgiving with this cranberry blackberry sauce.
- black beans, chunky guacamole and salsa.
- herbed ricotta + candied walnuts
- appetizer with goat cheese, cranberries & balsamic glaze!
Oven Baked Sweet Potato Rounds Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 500”F.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and slice them into 1 inch rounds / slices.3 large sweet potatoes
- In a large mixing bowl combine together the olive oil, sea salt, paprika, red pepper flakes and ground black pepper. Mix to combine.Toss the sweet potato rounds to coat with the olive oil all over.1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp red pepper flakes, 3 tsp smoked paprika, 1 pinch sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Arrange the potato slices on a very lightly oiled baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Turn them on the other side and roast an additional 10 minutes or until nicely golden brown around the edges.3 large sweet potatoes
- Serve hot with freshly cracked black pepper on top and garnished with the herbs, pesto, guac or chimichurri sauce.2 sprigs parsley
With Brown Sugar and Cinnamon!
- Mix together 2 tbsp brown sugar + 1/2 tsp cinnamon + 1/2 tsp nutmeg + 3 tbsp olive oil. Toss the potato rounds to coat well and bake in a 500"F for about 15-20 minutes. Flip once half way. Serve drizzled with maple syrup and sprinkled with orange zest.
- 1 Inch thick Rounds or Slices: roast about 20 minutes or so @500"F flipping half way.
- 1 Inch Cubes: approximately 25 - 30 minutes @375"F.
- Baked Whole Sweet Potato: about 45 minutes @375"F pricked with a fork or pairing knife for the steam to escape (optionally loosely wrapped in foil but not necessary).
- SWAP - You can use the same recipe to make golden potato rounds that are equally delicious
You’ll Also Love: