An easy tutorial and video on how to make roasted sweet potato rounds in the oven, crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
You guys, I already know we are going to keep these sweet potato rounds on repeat all season long. A stupidly easy recipe for a fall side dish that everyone is sure to love.
All you need is a hot oven, some nice sweet potatoes, a little olive oil and lots of spices. Toss everything together, roast for about 20 minutes and done. Perfection!
Wanna go all out ?
- Top them with goat cheese, cranberries & balsamic glaze!
- Herbed ricotta and candied walnuts.
- Load up with black beans, guacamole and salsa.
- Sprinkle with parmesan as soon as they come out of the oven.
- Bake them coated in brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Drench them in this ultimate chimichurri sauce.
- Get festive with this cranberry blackberry sauce.
Remember to season and coat them well all over, but just before throwing them in the oven, so they end up with a nicely seasoned crispy crust and tender interior. The best of both worlds I tell you!
How long to roast sweet potatoes ?
- 1 inch Rounds or Slices, about 20 minutes at 500″F
- 1 inch cubes, about 25-30 minutes at 375″F
- whole (wrapped in foil and pricked with a fork), about 45 minutes at 375″F
- 3 large sweet potatoes organic
- 1 tbsp olive oil + more as needed
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes + more to taste
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- a good pinch of sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- 2 cilantro or parsley sprigs for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 500”F.
Peel the sweet potatoes and slice them into 1 inch rounds.
- In a large mixing bowl combine together the olive oil, sea salt, paprika, red pepper flakes and ground black pepper. Mix to combine.
- Toss the sweet potato rounds to coat with the olive oil all over.
- Arrange them on a very lightly oiled baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Turn them on the other side and roast an additional 10 minutes or until nicely golden brown around the edges.
- Serve hot with freshly cracked black pepper on top and garnished with the herbs, next to roasted chicken or steak.
Mix together 2 tbsp brown sugar + 1/2 tsp cinnamon + 1/2 tsp nutmeg + 3 tbsp olive oil. Toss the potato rounds to coat well and bake in a 500"F for about 15-20 minutes. Flip once half way. Serve drizzled with maple syrup and sprinkled with orange zest.
You can use the same recipe to make golden potato rounds that are equally delicious !