Easy and Festive Sweet Potato Goat Cheese Appetizer with Cranberries & Honey Balsamic Glaze, finished with a blood orange infused olive oil and fresh basil!
Because I wasn’t kidding when I said I couldn’t stop baking sweet potatoes!
I had the creamiest, honey goat cheese in the fridge, so I crumbled some on my baked sweet potato rounds, whatever I had left of my Sicilian honey, a few candied walnuts or pecans for crunch, a handful of cranberries and a nice drizzle of balsamic glaze.
Let’s not forget the fresh basil leaves of course! Oh, and a light drizzle of blood orange olive oil to finish, because it’s just magical you guys!
I call these my Goddess sweet potato goat cheese appetizers!
Easy technique happening here:
A really nice hot oven, well oiled sweet potato rounds so they don’t stick, a good pinch of sea salt and sweet paprika for a nice golden presentation.
They will look so good on the Thanksgiving table with that fall orange color! And for Christmas too: red cranberries, white goat cheese and green basil leaves: Falalalalalalalalala
I’m clearly having a full-blown sweet potato obsession at this moment in time.
So much so, that my brain cells are trying to figure out yet another recipe as we speak.
I just can’t help my sweet potato dreams kids! I’m thinking:
- sweet potato goat cheese and fried sage, yummy!
- sprinkled with parmesan cheese
- herbed ricotta and walnuts
- roasted with brown sugar and cinnamon
- black beans and guacamole
- roasted sweet potato mash
Sweet Potato Rounds with Goat Cheese Appetizer
- Preheat your oven to 500”F
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil, sea salt and paprika.
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into 1 inch thick rounds.
- Take each sweet potato round and coat it in the olive oil mixture all over. Place them on a large baking tray without touching each other.
- Bake the sweet potato rounds for 8 to 10 minutes on each side until golden.
- Transfer to a serving tray and top with the goat cheese, candied walnuts, and cranberries. Spoon a little bit of wild honey on top of each potato round and sprinkle with the lemon zest.
- Just before serving finish with a light drizzle of orange infused olive oil, the balsamic glaze and garnish with the fresh basil leaves.