A fragrant pear salad on a bed of fresh basil, lightly dressed in a silky honey lemon vinaigrette and finished with creamy goat cheese and candied walnuts.
Let’s make a pear salad today!
We start with fresh, ripe, sweet and juicy D’Anjou pears and the youngest basil leaves from the garden. Then we whisk together a lemon honey vinaigrette with a little attitude from red pepper flakes to pour over the top.
To make it amazing and festive enough for Thanksgiving and Christmas, I loaded it with creamy honey goat cheese and candied walnuts or pecans for a nice nutty crunch. Gently toss to coat and enjoy!
- replace the basil with arugula and gorgonzola
- go for toasted pine nuts or walnuts instead
- add poppy seeds to make a honey lemon poppyseed dressing
- sprinkle with blue cheese
A fragrant pear salad on a bed of fresh basil, lightly dressed in a silky honey lemon vinaigrette with goat cheese and candied walnuts.
- 2 bunches fresh basil leaves only
- 3 pears cored & sliced or 1 mango
- 1/3 c walnuts toasted or candied
- 1 oz fresh honey goat cheese crumbled with your hands
- 2 sprigs purple basil optional
- 1 tsp lemon zest organic
- 1 juiced lemon + more to taste
- 3 tbsp raw organic honey + more to taste
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Gently toss together all the basil leaves and pears in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl whisk together the salad dressing ingredients, honey, olive oil and lemon juice until smooth and combined well.
Adjust seasonings to your taste with the sea salt and red pepper flakes. Taste and adjust until happy.
Pour the dressing over the basil and pears and gently toss to coat just before serving.
Sprinkle the candied walnuts over the salad and serve with the chunks of goat cheese over the top.