Basil Pear Salad Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy.
A fragrant pear salad on a bed of fresh basil, lightly dressed in a silky honey lemon vinaigrette and finished with creamy goat cheese and candied walnuts.
Let’s make a pear salad today!
We start with fresh, ripe, sweet and juicy D’Anjou pears and the youngest basil leaves from the garden. Then we whisk together a lemon honey vinaigrette with a little attitude from red pepper flakes to pour over the top.
To make it amazing and festive enough for Thanksgiving and Christmas, I loaded it with creamy honey goat cheese and candied walnuts or pecans for a nice nutty crunch. Gently toss to coat and enjoy!
- replace the basil with arugula and gorgonzola
- go for toasted pine nuts or walnuts instead
- add poppy seeds to make a honey lemon poppyseed dressing
- sprinkle with blue cheese
Pear Salad Recipe
A fragrant pear salad on a bed of fresh basil, lightly dressed in a silky honey lemon vinaigrette with goat cheese and candied walnuts.Print Recipe
- 2 bunches fresh basil leaves only
- 3 pears cored & sliced or 1 mango
- 1/3 c walnuts toasted or candied
- 1 oz fresh honey goat cheese crumbled with your hands
- 2 sprigs purple basil optional
Lemon Honey Dressing:
- 1 tsp lemon zest organic
- 1 juiced lemon + more to taste
- 3 tbsp raw organic honey + more to taste
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Gently toss together all the basil leaves and pears in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the salad dressing ingredients, honey, olive oil and lemon juice until smooth and combined well.
- Adjust seasonings to your taste with the sea salt and red pepper flakes. Taste and adjust until happy.
- Pour the dressing over the basil and pears and gently toss to coat just before serving.
- Sprinkle the candied walnuts over the salad and serve with the chunks of goat cheese over the top.