Easy Oven Roasted Broccoli Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy.
A healthy, quick and easy recipe for vegan oven roasted broccoli with a nice crunch from the addition of gluten free Panko bread crumbs and brightened up with a good squeeze of fresh lemon.
One of the best vegetables for roasting, broccoli tastes incredibly delicious when prepared correctly!
I would have never believed I’d come to absolutely love it. I took a minimalistic approach here, added subtle but perfect layers of flavors with simple seasonings: sea salt, garlic and onion powders, a little spice from red pepper flakes then tossed everything in a little olive oil just before roasting.
Take care not to burn it., you want a nice al dente texture and lots of flavor. Unless you prefer it burnt of course, in which case you’ll want to add a good 15 minutes to the total cooking time.
You might also want to experiment with a mix of cauliflower florets and serve with toasted pine nuts for variety, just to keep things more interesting.
Pairs really well with sweet potatoes, speaking of which make sure to check back next week for my sweet potato broccoli cakes. I can’t seem to be making enough of those, so you know they gotta be good!
Come to think of it this would make a fabulous fall soup as well, easily done by simply adding some vegetable stock and then puree until smooth and creamy with maybe a touch of coconut cream… Let me know If you give that one a go before I do!
Easy Oven Roasted Broccoli
A healthy, quick and easy recipe for vegan oven roasted broccoli with a nice crunch from the addition of gluten free Panko bread crumbs and brightened up with a good squeeze of fresh lemon.Print Recipe
- 1 lb broccoli florets
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup Panko bread crumbs -gluten free
- 3/4 tsp sea salt ( or to taste)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch black pepper -freshly cracked
- 1 lemon -cut into wedges
- Preheat your oven to 425”F.
- Drizzle the bottom of a large roasting pan with the olive oil. Sprinkle with the sea salt, onion and garlic powder, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Mix well.
- Add the broccoli to the pan and toss to coat well. Sprinkle with the bread crumbs and finish with a light drizzle of olive oil.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 25 minutes stirring half way through.
- Serve hot with a squeeze of lemon and extra lemon wedges on the side.
Calories: 109kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Sodium: 511mg | Potassium: 377mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 705IU | Vitamin C: 101.1mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 1.1mg
Servings: 4 people
I am vegan so I made this dish but substituted Field Roast Italian vegan sausage as well as vegan cheese. I also added mushrooms. This was seriously delicious!
We are also vegan and make it that way now and adding the Beyond Meat Italian sausage. Wowza, so delicious! Thanks for the idea to add vegan sausage Eizabeth!