Here are a few of our favorite toppings:
Spinach Brown Rice
- 2 cups brown rice
- 2.5 cups baby spinach
- 1 leaf kale -large
- 2 leaves bay
- 1 yellow mango -small
- 2 scallions
- 1 clove garlic
- 3.75 cups water (or vegetable stock)
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon -juiced & zested
- 1/4 cups pine nuts - for garnish (optional)
- Add the brown rice, water, bay leaves and a pinch of sea salt to medium stock pot. Bring to a simmer, cover with a tight lid, turn the flame down and simmer away for 45 minutes or until all the water is absorbed. Remove the rice from flame and allow it to sit covered for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the cooke rice to a large mixing bowl and using a fork fluff up the grains. Discard the bay leaves.
- Meanwhile add the spinach, kale and sliced mayo to a food processor or blender together with the scallions, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice. Process until smooth with a pesto-like texture. Season to taste with sea salt and more lemon juice if desired.
- Pour the spinach sauce on top of the rice and using a spatula fold to coat well. Garnish with the pine nuts and serve!