21 Vegetarian Thanksgiving Recipes: a collection of our favorite and best vegetarian dishes from our Thanksgiving dinner menu. Most of them can be made ahead, are actually vegan and the rest are easily adaptable to be.
From main to side dishes, drinks and desserts, I hope you’ll find something you love here to add to your holiday recipe box. Perfect size recipes, even If you are just cooking for two you can have enough for a round of leftovers but not too much where it will go to waste.
As always, please report back If you try them, make sure to leave a comment and tag us on Instagram with #CiaoFlorentina and #VeggieSociety
- Farro Panzanella: A favorite main course at the shack with all the makings of comfort food: roasted butternut squash, farro, bread, beans and a basil pesto sauce. Like having your stuffing for the main course!
2. Mushroom Shepherd’s Pie from the VeggieSociety : Chanterelle mushrooms, bell peppers and chickpeas topped with a creamy layer of mashed potatoes and more mushrooms. Can be made ahead and warmed up in the oven before your guests arrive.
3. Sweet Potato Mash: To die for roasted sweet potatoes coated in savory smoky flavors them mashed together with fresh herbs.
4. Gnocchi Mac and Cheese: an Italian spin of the American classic side dish, topped with crispy brown panko crumbs.
5. European Nut Rolls: Fluffy dough filled with sugary ground walnuts, can be made ahead and served for breakfast or dessert.
6. Leek Potato Gratin: Cheesy layer of thin sliced potatoes and leeks baked to a golden brown perfection. Can also be prepared ahead and finished baking the day of, just before serving.
7. Easy Hasselback Potatoes from the VeggieSociety : because they are adorable, easy to make and hello Potatoes that are crispy at the edges and you can load up with your favorite sauce and goodies.
8. Vegan Balsamic Cranberry Sauce from the VeggieSociety : another Italian spin on an American classic, I beg to argue this is the better option 😉
9. The Best Pumpkin Bread: Fluffy pumpkin bread covered in drizzles of caramel, chocolate and coconut, like a Samoa cookie in bread form this dessert screams Thanksgiving and is not to be missed.
10. Autumn Salad: Roasted fall vegetables on a bed of citrusy heirloom black rice, absolutely to die for.
11. Sweet Potato Appetizers with Cranberry and Goat Cheese: one of the most popular recipes on CiaoFlorentina – we call these the ultimate Thanksgiving appetizers and veganize them with vegan cheese.
12. Italian Lemon Olive Oil Cake with Berries, Mascarpone and Lemon Curd: for when you really want to show off your dessert game. Probably the most delicious cake I’ve ever eaten, no wonder it went viral all over Pinterest since the day I made it.
13. Chanterelle Mushrooms & Crispy Sage Potatoes: If you love potatoes and caramelized onions and lots of crispy sage. If you dress this one up just right It can even be a main dish.
14. Ricotta Cranberry Bread: the Best you’ll ever try, fluffy ricotta dough filled with tons of cranberries and finished with a crispy streusel topping. Forget all others because this is the One!
15. Ricotta Mashed Potatoes – a winner every holiday season!
16. Roasted Rosemary Potatoes from the VeggieSociety : soft on the inside with crispy edges and tiny bits of crispy rosemary infused with the ultimate garlic flavor!
17. Strawberry Orange Sangria: a refreshing fruity cocktail that is sure to please ladies and gentlemen alike.
18. Roasted Heirloom Carrots: the best way to enjoy carrots all the time, easy and relatively quick, feel free to serve them alongside your favorite sauces like: pesto, chimichurri, hummus or harissa.
19. Vegan Mushroom Brow Rice: hearty and filling sprinkled with pomegranate seeds, this dish is definitely worth being a centerpiece.
20. Spinach Brown Rice: whole grain brown rice is dressed in an exotic green sauce made of spinach, kale, scallions and mango.
21. Easy Oven Roasted Broccoli: a simple delicious way to have a super nutritious side dish on your Thanksgiving table.