Quick and Easy, 5 Ingredient Smoked Salmon Appetizers with Italian Mascarpone Cheese, Dill and Chives to Knock Your Socks Off!
The best way to simplify your holiday entertaining is to prepare a tray of appetizers in advance. Things that can be chilled overnight, and ready to set on the table the moment your guests arrive!
One of my favorite things from that antipasto platter are these gluten free, easy smoked salmon appetizers!
Let me tell you how simple and amazing these little salmon bites are!
Because smoked salmon is packed with flavor, needs no salt added and comes pre sliced in a package just ready to be served, my prep time is essentially non existent.
So all I needed to do was to scoop some creamy Mascarpone (Italian cream cheese) on top of each slice of salmon, then sprinkled it with fresh chives and dill and roll them up in bite size rolls.
Freshly cracked black pepper is all these appetizers need as a final touch, and you are all set to entertain like a Boss!
I’ve also made these with this whipped goat cheese and they were equally delicious.
You know what goes well with these appetizers?
- a sprinkling of salty capers
- fresh crunchy cucumber
- grilled asparagus
- caviar & crackers
Note worthy: using wild smoked salmon here makes all the difference in the taste and texture of these appetizers. As I always say, it is the simple things kids, the magic of simplicity and perfection of imperfection.
Quick and Easy, 5 Ingredient Smoked Salmon Appetizers with Mascarpone Cheese (Italian cream cheese) Dill and Chives!
- 1/2 lb smoked salmon wild & sliced
- 3/4 lb mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 c chives
- 1/3 c fresh dill
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
Spread the slices of smoked salmon on a cookie sheet or cutting board.
- Spoon a dollop of the mascarpone cheese on top and a sprinkling of chives and dill.
- Gently roll up each salmon slice to envelop the cheese. Repeat with the remaining salmon and place on a serving tray.
- Finish with a nice sprinkling of freshly cracked black pepper and garnish with the fresh dill and chives.