Easy, no alcohol, no bake berry tiramisu trifle made with Mascarpone cream cheese, lady fingers and a blackberry blueberry puree.
A decadent show stopper dessert perfect for Mother’s day, Valentine’s or a spring garden party!
Initially I came up with this recipe out of guilt, as I always make the Italian Tiramisu Cheesecake for myself. But the BatMan is not fond of coffee at all. So I came up with a caffeine free, berry loaded version to keep everyone happy, including the kids. Alcohol free!
Basically I replaced the espresso in the recipe with a homemade blackberry and blueberry sauce to die for!
I dipped the lady fingers in the liquid from the berries, then folded the berries in half of the mascarpone cream cheese mixture. Magic I tell ya !
For the sake of simplicity you can choose to mix the berries with all the mascarpone mixture. I wanted to have different color layers and plenty of time on my hands so the artist in me wanted to express herself.
By cooking the berries together first it intensifies their flavor, and gives me the most amazing syrup to dip the ladyfingers in.
It wouldn’t be me if i hadn’t garnished with some pretty blossoms and fresh basil, but you can skip that if you like and add your own finishing touch.
Tough lady fingers are the traditional way to go when making Tiramisu, you could also use Italian Panettone (<– amazon), or even pound cake. And If you are having a grown up party you could dip them in Kahlua.
Note worthy: I heard some of you could not find mascarpone cheese in your area. So sorry to hear that, because mascarpone cheese is one of a kind awesomeness. But, don’t let that hold you back from making this berry tiramisu trifle. Just use a smooth nice cream cheese as a substitute. I know it isn’t quite the same, but definitely beats not making it at all, right ?
More Tiramisu Ideas:
- Italian Tiramisu Cheesecake
- Strawberry Tiramisu
- No Bake Mascarpone Cheesecake
- Chocolate Tiramisu
- Limoncello Cake or lemon Tiramisu
A decadent no bake berry tiramisu trifle made with Mascarpone cream cheese, lady fingers and a blackberry blueberry puree.
- 6 oz lady fingers
- 1/2 lb blueberries
- 1 lb blackberries
- 1 lb mascarpone cheese
- 4 egg yolks organic free range
- 5 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 c heavy cream organic
- 4 tbsp honey + more to taste
- 2 lemons juices
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp water
- leaves Basil for garnish
- Lilac flowers for garnish optional
- In a small saucepan add the blackberries and blueberries together with the lemon juice, vanilla extract, honey and 2 tbsp of water. . Bring it to a simmer on low flame, cover with a lid and simmer together for a few minutes until the blueberries have popped. Allow to cool. Once cooled off strain the berry sauce separating the liquid from the solids.
- Meanwhile using a mixer with the whisk attachment whip together the heavy cream with 1 tbsp go granulated sugar. Transfer to the refrigerator and keep cold until ready to use.
- In a different bowl cream together the egg yolks with the granulated sugar using the mixer with the whisk attachment. Start adding the mascarpone cheese a little bit at a time until incorporated.
- Using a spatula add the chilled whipped cream to the bowl with the mascarpone and gently fold them together. Divide in two bowls.
- Add the solid berries from the sauce to hold of the mascarpone whipped cream mixture and gently fold together. Set aside.
- Prepare 4 medium size glasses or 1 trifle dish to assemble your tiramisu.
- Dip the ladyfingers in the berry sauce gently and layer them in the bottom of the glasses or truffle dish. Add a layer of the berry mascarpone mixture followed by a layer of the plain mascarpone mixture. Repeat the layer until you run out of ingredients.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours or until set.
- Serve chilled garnished with some fresh blackberries, fresh basil and a few lilac blossoms if available.