Healthy frozen yogurt bars made with sugar free, non fat creamy Greek yogurt, wild honey, fresh fruit a fruity blueberry purée.
Perfect for breakfast or a late night night snack, or simply to cool off during the hot summer days. These protein packed frozen bars are the best thing ever! Did you know 1 cup of organic Greek yogurt has about 29 grams of protein ? True story!
Assemble a DIY frozen yogurt bar outside by the pool or for your next garden party.
Just remember to keep them on ice so they won’t melt!
I made a blueberry purée just like I did for the Berry Mascarpone Cake, to mix up with my yogurt before freezing. But I wanted nice rustic textures so I chose not to use the food processor this time. Instead 3 minutes on the stove top was all it took to get those nice blueberries to burst into the loveliest vanilla berry sauce.
Tough you could use popsicle molds like these here (amazon affiliate), I find that a shallow pan is simply perfect. You can cut them into perfect squares or just use your hands to tear them into rustic shapes.
There are endless combinations you can do here.
Here are a few of my favorites:
- Strawberry + kiwi + pistachios
- Honey + granola + bee pollen
- Mango + strawberry
- Cocoa powder + chocolate chunks + mint
Frozen Yogurt Bars Recipe
- 5 oz blueberries
- 2 oz blackberries
- 1/2 lemon or lime -juice only
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp wild honey + more to taste
- 2 cups Greek yogurt (non fat)
- 5 viola flowers for garnish (optional)
- Add the blueberries to a small sauce pan together with the lime or lemon juice. Cover with a lid and bring to a simmer. Cook for a few minutes until the blueberries have all popped. Allow to cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl combine together the yogurt, honey and vanilla extract.
- Add the blueberry sauce and mix well.
- Line a shallow baking dish with parchment paper and pour the yogurt mix on top.
- Sprinkle with the blackberries and some fresh blueberries. Garnish with a few violas id available.
- Freeze for 4 to 6 hours until completely frozen.
- Cut or break into 2 inch bars and serve with lost of napkins.