There’s nothing like the feeling of holding a book in your hands. That fresh smell off the press and the sound of crisp turning pages; nostalgic and romantic.
I had the pleasure to spend a day with my friend Ingrid Hoffmann, host of Univision’s Delicioso and Cooking Channel’s Simply Delicioso. She brought me a copy of her new book ” Latin D’lite ” , and I spent a day getting lost in all the beatiful photos and inspiring recipes.
To sum it up for you I choose the word “Inspiration “, Latin inspiration at its best where you can feel the passion for wholesome foods with every turn of the page.
Simple, quick and easy to follow recipes with a healthy twist and the occasional Indulgence, make “Latin D’lite” a must have; inspiring work of art on your kitchen counter. There is an English version and a Spanish version available on both Amazon and Barnes and Noble.
Filled with Chica Tips this cookbook is more like a magazine that you can actually read and get inspiration for a Latin dinner while getting your nails done.
Like this favorite, beautiful recipe from the book that Ingrid allowed me to share with you all. A fresh salad that screams Summer and Delicioso: Mango, Avocado, and Spinach salad with Poppy Seed Dressing ! Divine and Simply Delicioso ! This poppy seed dressing is truly amazing and You’ll find yourself pouring it over everything.
Latin D'Lite - Mango, Avocado, and Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing RecipePrint Recipe
for the dressing:
for the salad:
- 2 inch large mangoes peeled, pitted, and cut into ½- cubes
- 2 inch ripe Hass avocados halved, pitted, peeled, and cut into ½- cubes
- cup ½ fresh cilantro coarsely chopped
- 1 cup shelled pistachios lightly toasted and chopped
- 1 5- ounce bag baby spinach
- freshly grated zest of 1 lime
- To make the dressing, combine the olive oil, lime juice, honey, poppy seeds, cider vinegar, mustard, and cayenne pepper in a medium jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake well until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make the salad, combine the mangoes, avocados, cilantro, and half of the pistachios in a medium bowl. Add the dressing and toss well to coat.
- Put the spinach in a large serving bowl and top with mango-avocado mixture. Toss gently until combined. Sprinkle with the lime zest and the remaining pistachios. Serve immediately.
P.S. Ingrid’s Fastest Ever Chicken Enchiladas <– Yum!