Hands down the best and easy chicken parmigiana recipe, made with chicken tenderloin, parmigiana-reggianno cheese and a classic arrabbiata sauce.Serve with homemade egg fettuccine Alfredo for the ultimate Italian dinner at home.
It has become a tradition at my house on Christmas Eve to dust off this most loved chicken parmigiana recipe. That same day, I make a fresh batch of mom’s egg noodle fettuccine from scratch to toss in a creamy Alfredo sauce. It really adds some kind of old world rustic charm to the entire day that I can’t even describe into words.
There’s about 3 minutes of silence after we all sit down at the dinner table. And then the food is all gone! I like it this way! Silence!
It is probably one of the most simple renditions of chicken parm that you will ever find. But very safe to say that it is also probably one of the best. There is a good reason why this recipe has never left my family’s Top 5: ” Simple things are always the most impressive “
The Best Chicken Parmigiana
- Made with the most tender of chicken: the tenderloin.
- Lightly coated in egg and a crispy panko crumbs and parmigiano-reggianno cheese mix.
- Quickly pan seared in just a little olive oil until perfectly golden crispy.
- Finished in the oven or under the broiler with all the sauce and cheese until melted, so you still have an extra crispy cutlet under all the gooeyness of that cheese.
To guarantee that rustic homemade goodness, it is also mandatory that you make your own pot of tomato arrabbiata sauce.
It is Christmas time after all, your house will smell like heaven, but be careful, people might not wanna leave.
Best served over a bed of home made fettuccine Alfredo noodles. Sprinkle it with some fresh basil, a nice grating of nutmeg and open a good bottle of Vino.
Easy Chicken Parmigiana Recipe
- 8 organic chicken breast tenderloins lightly pounded
- 1 tbs egg + 2 water ightly beaten
- 1/2 c parmigiano reggiano cheese freshly grated
- 2 c plain panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1 c arrabiata sauce
- 1 1/2 c whole milk mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper freshly grounded
- 8 oz egg noodle fettuccine
For The Alfredo Sauce Recipe
- 2 1/2 c organic heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbs cold butter
- 3/4 c parmigiano reggiano freshly grated
- a dash of Nutmeg freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 350"F.
- Heat up the olive oil in a cast iron skillet. Season each side of the chicken fillets with a good pinch of the sea salt and black pepper all over.
- Mix the parmigiano reggiano cheese and the panko bread crumbs together. Dredge the chicken tenderloin in the egg and then the bread crumb mixture, coating evenly. Shake any excess and cook in the olive oil until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Spoon some of the tomato arrabiata sauce on the bottom of baking sheet and transfer the cooked chicken on top. Spoon some of the arrabiata sauce on top of the chicken and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Loosely cover with aluminum foil and place in the preheated oven for a few minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Meanwhile bring a pot of water to a boil, salt it generously and cook the noodles according to the instructions on the package. If you made your own fresh pasta, about 3 minutes.
- Alternatively, you can heat up the oven to broiler and transfer the chicken to a broiler proof tray. Sprinkle with half of the mozzarella and spoon some of the marinara sauce on top. Sprinkle with the rest of the mozzarella and broil until the cheese has melted. About 3 minutes or so, depending on how close you have it to the flame.
- Meanwhile prepare the Alfredo sauce:
- To make the Alfredo sauce, heat up the cream in a sauce pan over medium flame. Once it starts to simmer start adding the parmigiano reggianno cheese a little bit at a time, whisking constantly until the sauce starts to thicken. (about 5 minutes)
- Once the sauce has thickened remove from flame and whisk in the cold butter and nutmeg. Toss with the fettuccine and serve with freshly cracked black pepper on top next to the chicken parmigiana.
You’ll Also Love: