Perfect and easy to make roasted acorn squash recipe with caramelized edges from maple syrup, then drizzled with a lovely pepper chimichurri!
I made us an insane roasted acorn squash recipe with pepper chimichurri drizzled all over the top.
Because really, how many different ways can you cook a turkey ? I am in awe of recipe after recipe after recipe after turkey recipe I’ve been seeing for the past 6 weeks, in anticipation of Thanksgiving day. I mean, how many ways can we repackage a roast turkey recipe ?! Incredible ! Rock on tough!
Well kids, I am still trying to be a vegetarian, so no turkey for me (it’s always dry or stringy anyways hehe ), but there will be a small extra crispy roasted chicken in the oven for the Batman. The man needs a bird on his plate, i’ll make him a bird. No trouble!
Meanwhile I will be making this roasted acorn squash recipe drizzled with some maple syrup at the last-minute, and finished with extra garlicky roasted pepper chimichurri sauce; that I suspect will also be drizzled over that crispy bird on Batman’s plate, you just wait and see, okay?
Now, by all means you can make this with butternut squash if your heart desires so, I know it’s the sweetest of them all. But you know what? I noticed that the pretty acorn squash isn’t getting nearly as much love. I am all about the underdog so I’m using the Acorns in this recipe over a bed of this black lime rice , just because i love the dramatic contrast of colors, and it is so yummy. Can’t help it!
Once you drizzle that maple syrup over the top and it caramelizes at the edges, you will have fallen in love with this roasted acorn squash recipe. I tell you, it’s so delicious, but wait until you drizzle it all over with the roasted pepper chimichurri; Forget About It – like Fuhgeddaboudit !
Not to brag or anything, but this really is the best roasted acorn squash recipe I have ever made, to this date! Hope you give it a spin soon!
Roasted Acorn Squash Recipe with Pepper Chimichurri
- 1 Acorn or Butternut squash 1 1/2″ wedges
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup grade B organic
- A good pinch of Sea salt
- 2 tsp Red pepper flakes + more to taste
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 sprigs of curly parsley for garnish
- Roasted Pepper Chimichurri Sauce Ingredients
- 2 yellow or orange bell peppers organic
- 1 bunch Italian flat leaf parsley
- 4 cloves garlic grated
- 1/3 c Extra virgin olive oil organic
- Juice from 1 Lemon organic
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 500”F and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Clean the acorn squash discarding the seeds and slicing it Into 1 1/2” wedges.
- In a large mixing bowl toss the squash slices with the olive oil, sea salt, paprika and red pepper flakes until coated all over. Arrange them in a single layer on the baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes on each side and flip them half way.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle the squash slices with the maple syrup. Throw them under the broiler for about 3 minutes for extra caramelization. Serve hot over black rice drizzled with the roasted pepper Chimichurri sauce and garnish with some pretty curly parsley.
- Meanwhile roast the pepper on a hot cast iron plate until charred. Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and allow them to cool off until safe enough to handle. Peel and discard the skins, core and the seeds.
- Transfer the peppers to small food processor together with the olive oil, garlic, parsley, lemon juice and sea salt. Puree until smooth adding more olive oil as needed. We are looking for a pesto like consistency. Adjust seasonings to your taste with sea salt and extra lemon juice.
You’ll Also Love: