An easy fresh peach dessert, baked in puff pastry sheets with creamy mascarpone cheese and vanilla bean.
How about dessert for breakfast ?
Because this fresh peach dessert is baked inside puff pastry, and isn’t puff pastry technically breakfast ?
Not sure, but does anyone really care ? Not me kids! I actually made them yesterday for Sunday brunch, so go figure. I’m totally down to having them for dinner by the way.
Okay, so when i’m talking about fresh peaches I mean perfectly ripe yellow peaches. Ideally the pick of the day you get at the farmers market. Then you hurry home and make this fresh peach dessert recipe right away.
You want juicy yellow peaches but not mushy. You want them to have that perfect firmness that allows you to still slice them thinly.
Because this is what needs to happen in this fresh peach dessert:
- Slice yellow peaches into thin slices.
- Spread vanilla mascarpone cheese and peach jam on top of puff pastry strips.
- You roll the peach slices in the puff pastry mix.
- Bake the fresh peach dessert until puffed up and the dough is cooked through.
- Drizzle your fresh peach dessert with the finest wild honey you can get your hands on.
- Enjoy the best fresh peach dessert dusted with powder sugar.
You’ll see in the recipe that I used a super thin layer of mascarpone cheese and peach preserves inside the pastry. You can use both or just one. Totally up to you, just spread it thin so your fresh peach dessert doesn’t end up being too messy.
I know mine could have definitely turned out even prettier, like the pastry apple roses, only peach roses. But the peach obsessed side of mine told me to load them with with as many peach slices as i could. You don’t need to be like me 😉
Honestly guys, besides eating those fresh juicy yellow peaches over the kitchen sink, this fresh peach dessert recipe is the next best thing.
Really tough, there is nothing more amazing than picking a fresh peach from the tree and sinking your teeth into it, with those juices running all over your arm.
Does anyone have their own peach tree ? If so, can i trade you a bucket of purple figs for one of yellow peaches ? I’m partial to yellow peaches for some reason.
I also have this Peach Tiramisu waiting to be posted, so come back soon to check on that.
But first, let’s defrost some puff pastry and make this fresh peach dessert tonight, while peaches are at their peak.
Fresh Peach Dessert Recipe with Mascarpone and Puff Pastry
- Defrost your puff pastry according to the directions on the box.
- Sprinkle some flour on your pastry board or kitchen counter and roll out the puff pastry with a rolling pin.
- Cut 6 strips horizontally.
- Meanwhile preheat your oven to 375”F.
- In a small bowl mix together the mascarpone cheese, lemon zest and the seeds from the vanilla bean until combined well.
- Slice the peaches in thin slices and squeeze a little bit of lemon juice all over the top. Discard the peach seeds.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of the mascarpone and vanilla mixture in the center of each of the puff pastry strips. Layer the top half with the peach slices overlapping each other and the tops hanging out of the puff pastry.
- At this point you can also add a very thin layer of the peach preserves mixed with the lemon juice. Totally optional. If you do use it, make sure to only use a very thin layer.
- Fold the bottom half of the puff pastry over the peaches and mascarpone, then gently roll it up into a rose starting from the left.
- Repeat with the remaining peaches and puff pastry strips and place them inside a large silicone muffin tin or large muffin silicone cups.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 45 minutes or so, just until the puff pastry is puffed up and cooked through.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and drizzle with the honey all over the top.
- Allow the peach roses to cool off before removing them from muffin tin or silicone cups.
- Garnish with the powder sugar and flower blossoms and enjoy!