Italian crispy thin crust ricotta spinach pizza recipe. The absolute best white spinach pizza ever!
Today is the first day of fall, what a surreal feeling, before you know It I’ll be putting up the Christmas decorations. Wow, how time flies !
So I wanted to close our little pizza series with one of my favorites: the ricotta spinach pizza combo delight! If you like white pizza this one is for you.
Not that I mind diving into the soups and stews season at all, but I felt I needed to do it properly, as pizza really has a place of honor around the shack. We are rustic pizza addicts for sure.
I have lots of grass-fed organic chuck roast sitting in the freezer ready to be turned into this buttery blood orange beef and butternut squash stew, but first things first: this ricotta spinach pizza.
Now you know ricotta spinach anything is a winner in my book, what a lovely pair, wouldn’t you agree ? Add some fontina to the mix and you got yourself some real magic going on.
Let’s not forget about that garlic: you roast it straight in the skillet on low flame until golden and sweet, then you add the spinach. I actually eat that straight out of the pan like that for breakfast many times. True story. About the ricotta spinach pizza over here, we are using the rustic pizza dough recipe, like all the pizza we make at the shack. Shocker I know 😉
Very important to use a pizza stone preheated with your oven, i know I said it like 15 times before and I’ll continue saying it till the day I die. Unless you have a pizza oven, go get yourself a cheap pizza stone today. You will thank me later 😉
Or if you don’t wanna splurge, just go for a bag of shredded mozzarella cheese instead, It will still be a fabulous white pizza or pizza bianca. Don’t stress, make it fun, work with what you got, that’s what cooking is really about.
Do you know how i really know this vegetarian ricotta spinach pizza is amazing ?
Because the BatMan, my carnivore partner in crime ate the whole thing and forgot to ask where the meat was. That’s how you know you got something! For reals!
Ricotta spinach and garlic on a thin crisp crust, I mean what else is there ..? A good movie and a chilled bottle of white vino, hashtag #LifeMade !
Oh, you see those little fire kisses on top of the ricotta spinach pizza ? So cute, I know. I get those by putting my pizza under the broiler flames for about 30 seconds at the end. Of course If you have your own pizza oven you are a boss and the broiler step won’t be necessary.
Love this ricotta spinach pizza ? I bet you’ll also love:
- Crispy Burrata Pizza
- Breakfast Egg Pizza with Prosciutto
- Ultimate Chicken Pesto Pizza
- Chicken Calzone
- Berry Bizza with Whipped Ricotta
- Puff Pastry Pizza with Fresh Tomatoes & Burrata
- Make a batch of the rustic pizza dough.
- Smash the garlic cloves with the side of a chef’s knife and peel.
- In a large skillet add a lug of olive oil and roast the garlic cloves on medium low flame until golden. Add the spinach with a pinch of sea salt and using a pair of tongues toss to coat in the oil and roasted garlic. Cook for a couple of minutes until wilted and remove from heat. Makes her not to overcook it.
- Add the ricotta and fontina cheese to the bowl of a food processor together with a lug of olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Process until combined and set aside.
- Preheat your oven with a pizza stone in it to 500”F or as high as it will go.
- Form the pizza pies as instructed in the rustic pizza dough recipe and brush each one with a thin layer of olive oil on top. Leave about ½ inch at the edges. Sprinkle with some of the parmigiana region cheese on top and bake in the preheated oven on the pizza stone for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Quickly and carefully spoon some of the ricotta fontina mixture over the top of the pizza pie and bake an additional 5 minutes to your desired doneness level.
- Once the pizza comes out of the oven you want to top it with the sautéed spinach and some of the roasted garlic cloves. Shave some parmigiana reggianno over the top and serve with freshly cracked black pepper.
You’ll Also Love: