Healthy, quick and easy baked fish in a paleo crispy pistachio coconut crust, served over an exotic mango lime sauce.
Just as easy to make as a romantic dinner for two, or for a crowd.
Thick, white fish fillets like wild caught cod, halibut or mahi mahi are perfect for this recipe. No fishy taste, I promise!
All you need to do is season them well all over with simple seasonings, like sea salt and chili flakes. Then coat them in an exotic pistachio coconut crust and quickly bake at 400”F. Take good care to not overcook it, or the fish will become tough and rubbery.Yikes!
Meanwhile you whip up a sweet and zesty mango sauce to serve with. Normally I also add a garlic clove and some fresh basil, chimichurri style, but in this particular case I wanted to keep the flavors more mild and tropical.
What to serve with:
Baked Pistachio Crusted Fish
- 1/4 c pistachios
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 x 6 oz fish fillets like cod, halibut or mahi mahi
- 1 zested lime
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 yellow mangos
- 1/2 lime ( juice only)
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400"F
- In the bowl of a small food processor chop the pistachios with the coconut until coarse with a nice texture. Transfer to a plate.
- Pat the fish fillets dry with paper towels very well. Drizzle a teaspoon of the coconut oil on top and rub all over.
- Sprinkle well all over with sea salt and red pepper flakes to your taste.
- Place the fish on top of the chopped pistachio and coconut mix and use your hands to pat it to coat all over.
- Add a drizzle of coconut oil to a baking sheet and place the Crusted fish on top. Drizzle a little more coconut oil on top and bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes until cooked through. ( the baking time will depend on the thickness of the fillets and your oven, so keep an eye on it)
- Meanwhile add the mangos, lime juice, olive oil and sea salt to a blender. Puree until smooth.
- Drizzle a serving plate with some of the mango sauce and place the baked fish on top. Drizzle with more sauce and garnish with the lemon zest.