Marinated Artichoke Hearts
Marinated Artichoke Hearts Recipe
- 12 steamed artichoke hearts
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice -freshly squeezed
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic -grated
- 1/4 tsp sea salt + more to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano leaves -minced
- 4 sprigs lemon thyme leaves only
- In a medium size bowl whisk together the olive oil with the lemon juice, garlic and sea salt. Add the oregano, thyme and lemon zest and stir well to combine. Season to your taste with the sea salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Slice the artichoke hearts in quarters or halves and add them to the bowl with the marinade. Give them a gentle toss to coat all over. Taste and adjust seasonings again. Transfer to a lidded container or jar and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Bring to room temperature about 20 minutes before serving.