Remember to bring them to room temperature for about 20 minutes before serving!
Easy and good for you marinated artichoke hearts in an Italian olive oil lemon and herbs marinade that is gluten free and paleo.
- 12 steamed artichoke hearts
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c lemon juice -freshly squeezed
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic -grated
- 1/4 tsp sea salt + more to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano leaves -minced
- 4 sprigs lemon thyme leaves only
In a medium size bowl whisk together the olive oil with the lemon juice, garlic and sea salt. Add the oregano, thyme and lemon zest and stir well to combine. Season to your taste with the sea salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes.
Slice the artichoke hearts in quarters or halves and add them to a small salad bowl. Pour the marinade over the to and gently toss to coat all over. Taste and adjust seasonings again then cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Bring to room temperature about 20 minutes before serving.