A summery puttanesca salad made with a medley of fresh heirloom tomatoes, capers, garlic, black olives, anchovies and fresh onion chives. All the classic Italian flavors of a long simmered puttanesca sauce but in a fresh, quick and easy summer salad.
You know I just can’t get enough tomato salads in my life!
I usually put together a few slices of this burrata bruschetta next to it because I just can’t resist the perfection, but you can also make it into a meal and toss it with some cheese tortellini as a pasta salad.
A little red onion would add a nice crunchy texture here too, I didn’t want to overpower the more subtle flavor from the chives but up to your taste buds after all.
Tomato Puttanesca Salad
- 3 heirloom tomatoes large
- 3 tbsp capers
- 1/2 cup black olives pitted
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic -grated
- 1/4 cup Italian flat leaf parsley -roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh chives + blossoms -snipped
- 2 anchovy fillets
- In a large salad bowl add the anchovies and smash them with the back of a fork. Whisk in the olive oil, red wine vinegar and garlic.
- Cut the tomatoes into wedges and add them on top of the anchovies together with the capers, black olives and parsley. Gently toss to coat all over and adjust seasonings to your taste.
- Serve garnished with the chives and chive blossoms.