Are you ready for some fresh tomatoes puttanesca style ? Of course you are, what else are you gonna do with all those beautiful fresh tomatoes sitting on your kitchen counter …?
I really exercised a lot of self control this past week, as not to bombard you with more tomatoes in your inbox. That is the exact reason why I made that fruit crisp, and that is why there were no tomatoes in that healthy paella from Sunday. But next time I make it, you can bet that I’ll throw some in there 😉
But here’s a new spin on fresh tomatoes kids ! A stinky puttanesca dressing, which makes the final dish totally different than all the other tomato salads out there.
Just like the tomato and basil salad has its magic, and the tomato and cucumber salad screams summer, these fresh tomatoes puttanesca have their own unique magical thing going on that will make your taste buds do a happy dance.
This is the salad version of your classic puttanesca sauce recipe, so if you love puttanesca this is gonna be your thing! Otherwise, I’d make another tomato gazpacho and call it a day.
Prepare yourself to get blasted with a bunch of Sicilian recipes in the next couple of months, I’ll elaborate when the time comes. All I know is that there will be more fresh tomatoes showing off on this blog, and I can hardly wait !!
- 3 heirloom tomatoes large
- 3 tbsp capers
- 1/2 c black olives pitted
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp red wine
- 2 cloves large garlic grated
- 1/4 c Italian flat leaf parsley roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp snipped chives + blossoms
- 2 anchovy fillets
- In a large salad bowl add the anchovies and smash them with the back of a fork. Whisk in the olive oil, red vinegar and garlic.
- Cut the tomatoes into wedges and add them on top of the anchovies together with the capers, black olives and parsley. Gently toss to coat all over and adjust seasonings to your taste.
- Serve garnished with the chives and chive blossoms.