Lemon Greek Yogurt Cake
More Popular Desserts
Greek Yogurt Lemon Cake Recipe
- 3/4 cups Greek yogurt (you can use plant-based)
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lemon - zested
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp flour ( for dusting the pan)
- 1 tbsp butter ( for greasing the pan)
- Preheat oven to 350”F.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour with the baking powder and sea salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together the eggs with the sugar until creamy. Add the vanilla extract, lemon zest and olive oil and whisk again until combined. Add the Greek yogurt and whisk until incorporated.
- Pour the wet mixture in the bowl with the flour mix and use a spatula fold together until combined.
- Prepare a nonstick loaf or bundt pan by coating it with a thin layer of the butter. Sprinkle with some flour tapping out all the excess.
- Pour the cake batter inside the prepare pan and bake in the preheated oven until golden brown on top, for 35 to 45 minutes depending on the type of pan you are using. Check at 35 minutes by inserting a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean your cake is done, otherwise continue baking by 10 minutes and check again.
- Transfer the cake to a wire rack and allow it to cool completely before inverting onto a board or plate. Dust with powder sugar, slice and enjoy.