Easy and quick lemon Greek yogurt cake / bread recipe with a citrusy bite from fresh lemon zest balanced by the sweet aromas of vanilla and powdered sugar finish. Lovely sprinkled with some healthy chopped pistachios, a few berries or some of these balsamic roasted figs. Whatever tickles your taste buds.
Lemon Greek Yogurt Cake
There’s no butter in my recipe, as always I go to my healthy fat of choice: the extra virgin olive oil, forever and ever!
You can bake this cake in a simple loaf pan for nice coffee shop looking slices covered in powdered sugar, or dust off your bundt cake pan for a more festive look. You can even make it in a spring form pan If that’s what you have.
Feel free to fold some berries into the batter as I do with my muffin cake if you insist, however I find this to be best in its simplicity with a snow like cover of powdered sugar.
A little lemon or marmalade glaze, Greek yogurt icing or chocolate frosting would be a nice compliment If you were after a richer dessert.
Because I store my pizza stone in the oven, I accidentally heat it up with the oven even when I’m not making pizza or Italian crusty bread. That’s how I found out that it helps to attain a nice crusty bottom on my yogurt cake. We happen to absolutely love that, so If that’s what you are after then use your pizza stone friends!
But remember that your cake will be done a little sooner, so I’d check it after 35 minutes.
More Popular Desserts
Greek Yogurt Lemon Cake Recipe
Easy and quick lemon Greek yogurt cake / bread recipe with a citrusy bite from fresh lemon zest balanced by the sweet aromas of vanilla and powdered sugar finishPrint Recipe
- 3/4 cups Greek yogurt (you can use plant-based)
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lemon - zested
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp flour ( for dusting the pan)
- 1 tbsp butter ( for greasing the pan)
- Preheat oven to 350”F.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour with the baking powder and sea salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together the eggs with the sugar until creamy. Add the vanilla extract, lemon zest and olive oil and whisk again until combined. Add the Greek yogurt and whisk until incorporated.
- Pour the wet mixture in the bowl with the flour mix and use a spatula fold together until combined.
- Prepare a nonstick loaf or bundt pan by coating it with a thin layer of the butter. Sprinkle with some flour tapping out all the excess.
- Pour the cake batter inside the prepare pan and bake in the preheated oven until golden brown on top, for 35 to 45 minutes depending on the type of pan you are using. Check at 35 minutes by inserting a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean your cake is done, otherwise continue baking by 10 minutes and check again.
- Transfer the cake to a wire rack and allow it to cool completely before inverting onto a board or plate. Dust with powder sugar, slice and enjoy.
Calories: 278kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 136mg | Potassium: 175mg | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 45IU | Vitamin C: 5.7mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 1.3mg
Servings: 10 people
You’ll Also Love: