A Festive Sweet Potato Rounds Recipe with Goat Cheese, Cranberries & Honey Balsamic Glaze, finished with a blood orange infused olive oil and fresh basil!
I have one more sweet potato rounds recipe for us, because I wasn’t kidding when I said I couldn’t stop baking sweet potatoes.
I’m actually munching on some as I’m typing this. Let me tell you that I didn’t think they would be good cold but i was so wrong, I’m loving it! You know how the best recipes come to life when you need to get creative with what you have in the pantry.
I had some creamy goat cheese, so that’s what I topped my sweet potato rounds with, whatever I had left of my Sicilian honey, a few candied walnuts or pecans for crunch, a handful of cranberries and a nice drizzle of balsamic glaze.
Plus let us not forget the fresh basil leaves of course! Oh, and a light drizzle of blood orange olive oil to finish, because it’s just magical you guys!
I call this my Goddess sweet potato rounds recipe, you’ll understand what I mean when you make them.
Basic technique happening here. A really nice hot oven, well oiled sweet potato rounds so they don’t stick, a good pinch of sea salt and sweet paprika for a nice golden presentation.
They will look so good on the Thanksgiving table, because look at that fall orange color! And for Christmas too, red cranberries, white goat cheese and green basil leaves: Falalalalalalalalala
How cute and festive are these sweet potato rounds looking tough ?
Peluci and Tesla went crazy for them so if you don’t want to take my word for it, take theirs, they don’t lie 😉
By the way, did you get to try these baked sweet potato rounds with chimichurri sauce from the other day ? I really pigged out on those. I’m clearly having a full-blown sweet potato obsession at this moment in time.
Actually my brain cells are trying to figure out yet another new sweet potato rounds recipe, I just can’t help it kids ! ~ Florentina xo’s
- 2 sweet potatoes, large
- 5 oz goat cheese
- ⅓ c candied walnuts or pecans
- ⅓ c cranberries , dried
- 2 tbsp balsamic reduction
- 1 tsp sea salt + more to taste
- ½ tsp paprika, sweet
- 2 tbsp olive oil + more as needed
- 1 tbsp blood orange olive oil
- 3 tbsp wild honey
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 15 basil leaves, small, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 500”F
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil, sea salt and paprika.
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into 1 inch thick rounds.
- Take each sweet potato round and coat it in the olive oil mixture all over. Place them on a large baking tray without touching each other.
- Bake the sweet potato rounds for 8 to 10 minutes on each side until golden.
- Transfer to a serving tray and top with the goat cheese, candied walnuts, and cranberries. Spoon a little bit of wild honey on top of each potato round and sprinkle with the lemon zest.
- Just before serving finish with a light drizzle of orange infused olive oil, the balsamic glaze and garnish with the fresh basil leaves.