The Festive Sweet Potato Rounds Recipe with Goat Cheese, Cranberries & Honey Balsamic Glaze, finished with a blood orange infused olive oil and fresh basil !
Let me tell you that I didn’t think they would be good cold but i was so wrong, I’m loving it ! You know how the best recipes come to life when you need to get creative with what you have in the pantry.
I had some creamy goat cheese, so that’s what I topped my sweet potato rounds with, whatever I had left of my Sicilian honey, a few candied walnuts or pecans for crunch, a handful of cranberries and a nice drizzle of balsamic glaze ( grab a nice organic glaze here from amazon). Plus let us not forget the fresh basil leaves of course ! Oh, and a light drizzle of blood orange olive oil to finish, because it’s just magical you guys!
I call this my Goddess sweet potato rounds recipe, you’ll understand what I mean when you make them. Basic technique happening here, a really nice hot oven, well oiled sweet potato rounds so they don’t stick, and a good pinch of sea salt and sweet paprika for a nice golden presentation.
How cute and festive are these sweet potato rounds looking tough ?
They will look so good on the Thanksgiving table, because look at that fall orange color ! And for Christmas too, red cranberries, white goat cheese and green basil leaves: Falalalalalalalalala
Peluci and Tesla went crazy for them so if you don’t want to take my word for it, take theirs, they never lie 😉
By the way, did you get to try these baked sweet potato rounds with chimichurri sauce from the other day ? I really pigged out on those. I’m clearly having a full-blown sweet potato obsession at this moment in time.
Actually my brain cells are trying to figure out yet another new sweet potato rounds recipe, I just can’t help it kids ! ~ Florentina xo’s
- 2 sweet potatoes, large
- 5 oz goat cheese
- ⅓ c candied walnuts or pecans
- ⅓ c cranberries , dried
- 2 tbsp balsamic reduction
- 1 tsp sea salt + more to taste
- ½ tsp paprika, sweet
- 2 tbsp olive oil + more as needed
- 1 tbsp blood orange olive oil
- 3 tbsp wild honey
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 15 basil leaves, small, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 500”F
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil, sea salt and paprika.
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into 1 inch thick rounds.
- Take each sweet potato round and coat it in the olive oil mixture all over. Place them on a large baking tray without touching each other.
- Bake the sweet potato rounds for 8 to 10 minutes on each side until golden.
- Transfer to a serving tray and top with the goat cheese, candied walnuts, and cranberries. Spoon a little bit of wild honey on top of each potato round and sprinkle with the lemon zest.
- Just before serving finish with a light drizzle of orange infused olive oil, the balsamic glaze and garnish with the fresh basil leaves.
You’ll Also Love These Sweet Potato Rounds Recipes :